Eduard Fw-190 A-8

that's a beauty Tim ! as you say the antenna should ideally be a little slacker with the canopy open (no tensioning device) but that is some quality finish ....

Edited by FalkeEins

that's a beauty Tim ! as you say the antenna should ideally be a little slacker with the canopy open (no tensioning device) but that is some quality finish ....

Cheers, no I'm not happy at all with that antenna wire, stretched sprue is not the thing to use as it just doesn't hang right. Its back to the drawing board for the next build with that type of antenna.

Cheers, no I'm not happy at all with that antenna wire, stretched sprue is not the thing to use as it just doesn't hang right. Its back to the drawing board for the next build with that type of antenna.

Maybee using some fine copper wire? Or hang a woodpeg on it and reheat the wire with a hairdryer? I haven't use these methods but maybee worth a try?!

Maybee using some fine copper wire? Or hang a woodpeg on it and reheat the wire with a hairdryer? I haven't use these methods but maybee worth a try?!

Arnold, thanks for the tips, I may try the hairdrier idea.

Tim. For aerials in the past I tend to use either fishing line or extension hair from a shop such as Claires accessories or Monsoon.

The extension hair will tighten with hair dryer.

Try using a spare sprue tree. Drill a couple of holes opposite each other and practice with these until you are happy.

Steve

Superb build.

Cheers, your comment is much appreciated.

Tim. For aerials in the past I tend to use either fishing line or extension hair from a shop such as Claires accessories or Monsoon.

The extension hair will tighten with hair dryer.

Try using a spare sprue tree. Drill a couple of holes opposite each other and practice with these until you are happy.

Steve

Steve thats a good point about the hair drier. I think I may be best leaving things as they are, lesson learnt.