This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Parabat

Hasegawa 1/48 explained...

24 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Ever been tempted by a Hasegawa kit and then been disappointed when it turns up with raised detailing? Want to know what's in the 'special' boxings?

Scouring the net, I came upon THIS little gem of tables, compiled to take the mystery out of Hasegawa kits. It covers pretty much all of the following 1/48 planes; F-4's (ALL variants), F-14's, F-15's, F-16's, F/A-18's (legacy and Super) and F-22.

Recently found THIS covering 1/48 A-7, A-4, AH-64, F-8 and more!

For the 1/72 guys:

Check this out! Compiled on the Modelling Madness site, a pretty handy reference when you're looking for an older Hasegawa 1/72 kit.

(link contains: Legacy Hornets, A-3's, F-4's, F-14's, Fw190's, HH-60's, S-3's)

Hasegawa 1/72

It gives a detailed, tabled description of the kits contents by sprue, and all importantly, lets you know if it's raised or engraved detail. The site doesn't give details of decal options, but you can find a lot of that info http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=101&scope=0&scope2=0&itkey=1%2F48+hasegawa*
Hope this is of some use/interest.

Parabat

*Edited the 'HERE' link so it goes direct to 1/48 Hasegawa

Edited by Parabat
6 people like this

I use these two sites all the time and find them to be a great help indeed

These tables are put together by a friend on mine Tony Houdon. Two things to know, everything that he lists is based upon physically touching the kit and he is always looking for info on other brands.

2 people like this

Tell your friend these tables are invaluable as it gives you a major heads-up as to which particular kit you need for a specific block. Thank you so much!

1 person likes this

Cor, how many time have I posted links to these pages ... ?

These tables are put together by a friend on mine Tony Houdon. Two things to know, everything that he lists is based upon physically touching the kit and he is always looking for info on other brands.

One thing I think would enhance the tables still further is a list of the decal options available with each kit. I'm acutely aware, though, that it's a bit late to be asking!

Is it just me or does this link now go to a page with Vinyl amnime models..... :-(

Ian M

Is it just me or does this link now go to a page with Vinyl amnime models..... :-(

Ian M

No, seems to be working okay here. :shrug:

Ian M,

The top link(THIS) goes to the Hasegawa table and the bottom link (HERE)* goes to Hobby Search, which has a multitude of different modelling genre. On

Hobby Search, simply type in a search of whatever you're looking for, and most of the results will bring up the item, with pictures below of sprues, decals, instructions etc.

Parabat

*Edited the link so it goes direct to 1/48 Hasegawa

Edited by Parabat
1 person likes this

Bottom link to HobbySearch is now defunct.

Bottom link to HobbySearch is now defunct.

Sorted now!

Is there something like this for Hasegawa's A-4 kits? I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks,

Rob

what an imense amount of work put into these tables. fantastica!

1 person likes this

Thanks Parabat

Excellent reference, added them into my favourites.

I have contributed to the tables over the years with a fair amount of info. I did so to add to the tables as a source of info for all.

I have always wondered why Hasegawa kits seem quite overpriced compared to other kits, could anyone explain to me why?

Cheers

Soviet

I have always wondered why Hasegawa kits seem quite overpriced compared to other kits, could anyone explain to me why?

Cheers

Soviet

This has been debated ad infinitum in 'Chat' with no real satisfactory conclusion.

Suffice it to say, you can easily get Hasegawa kits cheaply by buying direct from Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) and Luckymodel.

This section is really to provide information on what is in the various boxings rather than a discussion on the merits or demerits of Hasegawa kit prices.

1 person likes this

That said, in general for many years, Hasegawa kits were the best options for most things once they went recessed lines. Even now there is no satisfactory alternative for their F-14's, Brit F-4's (though the Academy F-4's have taken the cake there for the B/C/D/J, etc), FA-18E/F/G, FA-18A/B/C/D (though Kinetic maybe about to take that crown), F-22, P-51 and many others! Tamiya is in the same boat, they're not cheap, but the stuff they knock out is generally really good.

But if you want expensive, start looking at some of the 1/48 Zoukei Mura stuff!

D

In case anybody hasn't found all of them, there are five pages of Hasegawa 1:48 aircraft kit lists at Modeling Madness:

Page 1, Japanese subjects:  http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48a.htm

Page 2, U.S. and British subjects: http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48b.htm

Page 3, German and Italian subjects: http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48c.htm

Page 4, Jets/Helos part 1 (F-4 and later): http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48d.htm

Page 5, Jets/Helos part 2 (Earlier jets and a few helos): http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48e.htm

1 person likes this