What's your best piece of aviation memorabilia

Ronnie

I guess you must all have some interesting items hidden away - here's mine:-

P1060791.jpg

I think this might be unique; it dates from 22nd August 1987 and the Last Last Lightning Show.

I could tell you how I came by it, but then I'd have to kill you.........................

Ronnie

• Like 1

Mine are all Binbrook related, various Lightning bits: - Fin cap, windscreen, wing tip, pitot cover and a table lamp made out of a tailplane bearing.

I did have a nav's seat from a Vulcan, but gave it to the local ATC squadron as I was stuck for room.

A pair of Red Arrow wooden chocks with the red hawk shilloute. They were left behind at Kemble when they left for the last time to move to Scampton

I have a few bits: A B-52 Crew patch given to me by a very friendly B-52 co-pilot at RIAT in 2005.

I have a paperweight too. A bit boring, but did mention it was a 30mm cannon shell from an A-10? :lol:

Dave

I have a cowl flap from the BBMF Dakota, and an Exhaust and camshaft from the BBMF's MkII Spitfire, that i got after visiting my mate who's a mechanic on the sqn :)

Hi Mates,

My best piece of memorabilia is this tachometer from the Spad that my Grandfather flew in 1917 in France:

100_1800.jpg

At one point, I had a German WWII fuselage insignia (on canvas) which I think was cut from a Storch at the end of the war, but I'm not sure. I sold it on eBay for $750 to a collector in Japan. Had no idea what it was worth, so if it was worth more, don't tell me!!

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Mates,

My best piece of memorabilia is this tachometer from the Spad that my Grandfather flew in 1917 in France:

100_1800.jpg

At one point, I had a German WWII fuselage insignia (on canvas) which I think was cut from a Storch at the end of the war, but I'm not sure. I sold it on eBay for $750 to a collector in Japan. Had no idea what it was worth, so if it was worth more, don't tell me!!

Cheers,

Bill

That's amazing! What a wonderful heirloom.

Spitfire tailwheel, piece of fabric from a Storch (serialVP546 when it was dismantled and in a hangar at Coltishall 1968, turbine blade from Vulcan XM567 Black Buck and a certificate to prove it!. small turbine blades from RR Spey, from a Phantom, F-86 Sabre servicing/maintainence manual full of stuff. And its a quite heavy!

RAF recruiting posters of the 50's.

I'll do pics to show here soon.

A slice of an Alouette III Rotor blade mounted on a stand - a typical gift for retiring Swiss Air Force Officers... and an Illuminating cartridge from a Mirage IIIRS.

Alex

Wow...........there's certainly some great stuff out there. Perhaps we should mount an exhibition :lol: Keep 'em coming.................................

Ah, Binbrook..............

I have a Lightning combined altimeter and VSI on the bookshelf beside me. It weighs a ton and makes a very useful bookend.

I also have a full set of the Squadron Prints series of Lightnings done when the Lightning was withdrawn, plus Stuart Black's limited edition print.

But best of all in my book is my copy of Jerry Crandall's "Knight at Dawn" signed by Erich Hartmann.

I've got a few bits and bobs, such as parts of a Sea Harrier canopy we had to manually detonate when on board HMS Invincible, a suspension lug for a 1000lb bomb and a bulkhead from near the front of an Argentine A-4 shot down during the Falklands War.