Wings Over Europe- cold war soviet invasion

phat trev

Wings Over Europe- cold war soviet invasion for the PC, any good?

whats the difference between this and Strike fighters 2? I thought they were the same thing but maybe not??

also

some Wings Over Europe releases say - cold war soviet invasion some say -cold war gone hot on the cover???

As I understand it the different tag lines after Wings Over Europe are just down to which region the box was destined for.

Wings over Europe is basically from the Strike Fighters 1 series of sims, Strike Fighters 2 was an update of the graphics engine etc., the main difference is the geographical area covered and some of the aircraft involved SF2 being set in a fictional Middle East, Wings over Europe being, well you get the idea. The equivalent of Wings over Europe is now just called Strike Fighters 2 Europe.

If you go to www.thirdwire.com you can download any of the series, with the bonus you can combine all the different installs so you have access to all the maps and aircraft in one game.

The whole series is geared towards jumping in and flying rather than spending a month learning how to start the damn thing and then another month figuring out the radar. The flight model is very good though and it's one of the few that really supports vectored thrust so the Harriers work properly

There's also a plentiful supply of add-on aircraft, mostly available at www.combatace.com, or a rather spiffy Wyvern at www.flyingstations.com that I may have been responsible for...

As I understand it the different tag lines after Wings Over Europe are just down to which region the box was destined for.

Wings over Europe is basically from the Strike Fighters 1 series of sims, Strike Fighters 2 was an update of the graphics engine etc., the main difference is the geographical area covered and some of the aircraft involved SF2 being set in a fictional Middle East, Wings over Europe being, well you get the idea. The equivalent of Wings over Europe is now just called Strike Fighters 2 Europe.

If you go to www.thirdwire.com you can download any of the series, with the bonus you can combine all the different installs so you have access to all the maps and aircraft in one game.

The whole series is geared towards jumping in and flying rather than spending a month learning how to start the damn thing and then another month figuring out the radar. The flight model is very good though and it's one of the few that really supports vectored thrust so the Harriers work properly

There's also a plentiful supply of add-on aircraft, mostly available at www.combatace.com, or a rather spiffy Wyvern at www.flyingstations.com that I may have been responsible for...

cheers, I will look into these links.

from the clips on youtube wings over europe looks very good and with the add ons it certainly looks even better. big fan of Il2 but i will give this a go.

a wyvern, thats a bit different! got to get one of them installed!