1/32 Revell (Matchbox) Lysander

SaintsPhil

Well after a busy few weeks moving house I'm back at the bench! Woo Hoo!! I've got a few WIPs about me but I thought what the hell I'll join a GB and start another one!

I wanted a nice simple OOB build so I dug out something completely out of my normal build line. I present the Revell re-boxing of the 1/32 Matchbox Lysander

015-2.jpg

My mum bought me this kit after she went to the Shuttleworth collection with the WI!! The boxing comes with 'exclusive' decals for the aircraft at the collection, a MKIIISD so thats the obvious choice of finish!

I know nothing about the aircraft really, but have read a few online build reviews of the kit, and the fit can be hit and miss apparently.....so maybe not the quick build I was after but we will see!

Still got to get my AB set up going in the garage so progress may be stop start but I'll crack on with construting what I can now!

Phil

Edited by SaintsPhil

I've got a few WIPs about me but I thought what the hell I'll join a GB and start another one!

A man after my own heart! A few WIP's...yeah let's crack open another! :lol: Good man!

Andy

Cheers guys! You can never have too many on the go at once!! Got to have some saved up for KUTA anyway!!

Well made some progress

003-2.jpg

Few sub assemblies built, about as far as I can without some paint!

Fit was ok, fuel tank aside, but there's a fair few sink marks, hence the dots of filler!!

This kit is reminding me of the fun of building kits as a kid!

Phil

Cheers Dan, looks like our builds will be poles apart you're really going for the detail there! You have stalled too!! Last post 2010, can I tempt you to dig her out?...

Ah, it's only just over a year since 2010... :smartass:

The pieces are actually still on my modelling table, just pushed to the side. Once I've finished my Viper I may start poking this again.

Detail... yeah... I may be going a bit OTT on this :D

Dan

• 1 month later...

Well after giving Dan some stick for stalling his build it's been 6 weeks since I updated mine!!

So here's an update:

508fa9ff.jpg

Excuse the picture being upside down!!

Got the airbrush working and sprayed the internal Interior Green, I've also done the inside of the fuselage halves not shown here. I've painted the engine, and seat plus I've got the base colours on the pilot. Bit of artistic license used there as don't have a massive range of WW2 era paints.

Hope to make more progress next week by closing up the fuselage halves!

One quick question, what colour would the harness for the pilot be?

Phil

Looking good Phil, I would have thought a natural linen type colour would be in order for the harness, with maybe a darker brownish wash over the top. I would imagine those harnesses got pretty grubby after a short time.

• 1 month later...