Vosper 68 ft Rescue / Target Towing Launch

Quick update...those pictures will follow soon......

Painting finished, markings on, hardware installed and tested, just going through the final detailing before the big reveal....all things equal I plan to have her complete for the weekend and ready for her maiden voyage and trials......

Okay, here she is, I decided to let you guys see her before I go any further.

As per my original plan, most of the fittings are scratch built, Vinyl stickers for the markings, the deck is grained rather than "real" wood, simply because I messed up the original ply surface (which I wanted to varnish). She's not perfect and is a mix of several types, having been drowned in references I decided to just build a mix of the bits I liked, not historically or factually accurate, but not bad for a first attempt (I hope)

Just a few more bits to do, a test in the bath or my son's paddling pool and it's off to the big lake....pictures of the sink or swim will follow!!!!

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Chris,

Am I right in thinking your model was in the competition at the nationals last year? which ever it's stunning and you should be suitably proud, I did use pictures I had from the Nats as some reference for mine, though it's a toy compared to your beauty of a model.

Cheers

Col'

• Like 1

Dunno how I missed this, being rather fond of coastalcraft. Brilliantly done! Looks like a nice kit too!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Col

Firstly may i say thankyou for doing such a great job with one of our kits! she looks really good.

If you would be so kind to supply us with some of your build pictures, we would like to use them on our brand new (muchly needed!!) website/shop which should be up and running in the next few weeks?..

For everyone else we can supply you also with the above kit from the existing KitShack Website along with other scales and kits that we produce ourselves.

Look forward to see more builds from you guys, as all the information we can get to improve our kits (if Nessassary!!!) is a great help.

Thnaks again Col

KitShack

Any more info you can contact us on [email protected]

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi Col great work I have not tried any of the balsa kits but the work you are doing with this is a great inspiration for me will have to try one at some point as for now will just be sticking to my plastic kits.

Cheers Keith

• 1 month later...