RCAF P-51 ....and another!

I think I should be able to complete this one in the time left for this Mustang extravaganza!! I started work on this Sunday 19th Feb. about 3.30ish p.m.

Picture008.jpg

Another Tamiya kit but the prop is being replace for a postwar one from a Pavla set seen here assembled.

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture014.jpg

By around 5.pm got to this stage

Picture016.jpg

Picture015.jpg

And by 6.p.m. got to this.

Tailplanes have since been added and joins cleaned up. Just needs priming tonight and probably will get its top coat too. And you all may have guessed its going to be another RCAF model but probably from the second of the two recently issued sets by Leading Edge.

Edited by Paul J

A few more piccies of my next RCAF P-51 in progress taken over the last couple of evenings.

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

Choices , choices....

IMG_4690.jpg

A replacement late style HS prop that won't be used. Will explain later.

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

Above, just some general views of progress and some of those lovely Leading Edge Models decals applied. The last picture shows the standard P-51 cuffed HS prop. It seems that some still used these and had the front upper section polished metal finish and black rears and cuffs. Makes it quite different and interesting.

Edited by Paul J

A couple of views of my second RCAF P-51. The Se7enth and last for this GB!

IMG_4706.jpg

First view of completion.

IMG_4708.jpg

Paired up.

Lots more pics in the finished builds gallery and a couple in RFI!

I feel Mustanged out now and exhuasted all bar 2 kits left from the P-51 part of the stash. Until, that is, the Airfix ones come along.....can't wait to tick into them :eat:

Edited by Paul J