Tacky craft Glue

stevehnz

While following Nobbie's Defiant build I was interested to see the adhesive he was using for some intricate & small parts. I tried googling to see if it was available in New Zealand but no joy, the nearest I got to it was this. Taking into account that the vital features in both were, tacky, dries clear & flexible & water clean up, I'm picking they are similar stuff. I wandered into the local homeware & craft emporium today & the nearest I could find was this. Similar properties to the others, I'll be keen to try it but wondered if any otheres have had experience with similar stuff. How would it go for photo etch?

Steve.

There are lots of different pva and other glues names 'tacky', a lot are possibly the same under the packaging, but all you can really do is try it and see.

For PE Gator Grip glue is very good, it dried clear and hard and the clean up is with water.

Paul

There are lots of different pva and other glues names 'tacky', a lot are possibly the same under the packaging, but all you can really do is try it and see.

For PE Gator Grip glue is very good, it dried clear and hard and the clean up is with water.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I guess that trying it is the only way I'll know for sure, luckily its not to spendy. I sort of figured it was most likely a modified PVA glue. Unfortunately the Gator Grip glue is another that doesn't seem to have made it to our fair shores. :(

Steve.

Thanks Paul, I guess that trying it is the only way I'll know for sure, luckily its not to spendy. I sort of figured it was most likely a modified PVA glue. Unfortunately the Gator Grip glue is another that doesn't seem to have made it to our fair shores. :(

Steve.

Steve,

You can always order them from a friendly overseas supplier....like little-cars.

I have loads of people from New Zealand and Australia that order from me.

Thanks,

Paul

Steve,

You can always order them from a friendly overseas supplier....like little-cars.

I have loads of people from New Zealand and Australia that order from me.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks Paul, thats not a bad idea, I'll see how I get on with this one, I guess that I try to shop local for things like paint & glues which can sometimes be funny to ship but being water based this would not be too big a hassle.

Steve.

• 6 years later...

Hi, yes I did & found it worked ok but after coming to use it again & finding it had dried too thick to use, I grabbed my bottle of Fuller Max Bond & have found that works quite happily for me too, maybe a little slower to dry but gives a good strong join & dries nice & clear for those small glazing jobs.

Steve.