"Wow, that's reallly...... orange!"

P1040489.jpg

P1040487.jpg

P1040485.jpg

P1040481.jpg

Questions asked by my daughter on her way to the fridge, past my modelling bench. It's orange because it was one of the trials aircraft used in the 1954 closed circuit speed record attempt. And it's on a base because I couldn't fit enough weight in the nose to avoid a tail sitter......

One day I'll get it right!

Edited by billybigbananas

Yes, that's...bright! Excellent Sabre, and what paint did you use for the dayglo, it's a really nice effect and I'd like to replicate it on my Airfix Gnat...

I'd hardly have noticed it was a tail-sitter if you hadn't mentioned it, is it stuck down or is the base on a slant?!

Edited by Vulcanicity

I used Tamiya PS-24 flourescent orange from a rattle can (they're on sale at modelzone at the moment), over Tamiya "Fine Surface" white primer, also from a can & a really good product - very smooth. The nose wheel is glued down, thought I'd got enough weight in there - but no!

Probably should have mentioned above that the kit is the 1/72 Academy F86E and the decals are from "Very Colourful Sabres" by Euro Decals.

Very nice.

I have that sheet (I did the yellow target tug) and this is on my list to do.

A sabre stand by is to fill the nose intake with lead shot/fishing weights and then fit an intake blank. All fujimi kits come with intake blanks so I have a few. An altenative is to buy the eduard etch intake blank and use it as a template to scribe some from plastic card.

As you can see I have had to do this a couple of times!

Julien