Hanseatic League Counter Insurgency Vehicle

fu_manchu

A short background to mine, which is pretty much just going to be painting a block of resin.

Due to the insurgency, sponsored by the British Empire, that continues to grow in the Persian and Afghan regions, the Hanseatic League has had to considerably strengthen its forces in the region to protect its valuable Caspian Sea resources. Early in this engagement it was discovered that airship overflights and arming the local forces alone were not enough to control scattered villages and settlements. Initial Hansa-League ground troops, carrier out on lightly armed steam-scout vehicles, were falling victim to long range sniping from British electric-charged Martini's, secretly supplied to the rebels for downing airships.

Due to the weight limit on transport airships, the most rapid mechanism of supporting the League on the ground until the larger Maus Steam-tanks could arrive by sea, was identified as by deploying counter-insurgency Leopards. These are more typically deployed in the control of the Scottish colonies where the nimble single wheel steering enable the Leopards to move in the inner cities of the colonies regional center with impunity, there steam boilers being readily topped up by local water sources.

Whilst the Leopards are relatively lightly armed, their copper and iron structure is proof against the more traditional Martini-Henry's used by the insurgents and capable of stopping electric-charges when targeted from over 1km away. Provision exists for in-theatre upgrading, adding additional bronze bar-armour that prevents the attachment of clockwork detonation charges. Their main limitations are the constant need to supply water to the high-pressure boilers, frequently requiring water supply vehicles to operate over long distances.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Finally got this out of the packaging today and took a few snaps. Primarily a large block of resin, this will be more of a painting exercise than anything. There were quiet a few rivets missing, I have stuck a few on that I have punched out with my die set, I have had to layer a couple of them on top of each other as the resin ones are quite prominent. Hopefully I will have some initial primer on this later to check for further flaws

The bits:

DSCF0651.JPG

Dry fitted:

DSCF0649.JPG

DSCF0650.JPG

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A land ironclad - terror of the troopers. It's very sweet for a weapon of destruction, rather like a pram going to war! How big is it, I can't form any impression of scale?

Edited by per ardua ad ostentationem

A land ironclad - terror of the troopers. It's very sweet for a weapon of destruction, rather like a pram going to war! How big is it, I can't form any impression of scale?

Hi

It's about 80mm long, i think it is approx 1/64 scale.

Regards

Ian

• 3 weeks later...