the airship

rkennerley

this is yet to be name but ill come up with some thing i might even have a bash at

doing a back story but build comes first .What i am going to try and do is take this box

that was sold to me as a "plane" but by the looks of some of the parts i have no idea where

they would go(lets just say a lot of it is just moulded flash and cant not be described as parts)

but i shell attempt to create something any mad Victorian scientist would be proud of

lepicture070.jpg

lepicture071.jpg

i will be using the body and wings and going from there with a lot of modification as well

as replacing the engines with 4 rotary steam engines i might add some more for the hell of it

i am also contemplating doing up the interior with a cut away in the side but i dont know

if there is enough time to do it so we will see

after a few variants of the engines i have settled on this i did want to make them with

moving parts but it would have take me a month just to build one motor so i have settled for

this to be the forward wing motors

DSCF1648.jpg

DSCF1650.jpg

DSCF1651.jpg

i will be redoing the brass to get it a bit brighter and then it is just a case of building

3 more

• 2 weeks later...

i have not done much on this i have been finding it hard to get the mojo working for some reason :shrug:

i have the basic engines all done and just need the detail adding a start has also been made on the secondary power supply system

DSCF1653.jpg

DSCF1654.jpg

DSCF1655.jpg

the shaft out the back of the wing will have props on it when i get done

DSCF1665.jpg

DSCF1666.jpg

DSCF1667.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

DSCF1669.jpg

DSCF1671.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
how did you manage to paint the convincing bronze colour
all i have done with the brass,bronze and copper

is pre paint it in black then dry brush the colour on i was hoping to have a update but had the granddaughter round and

she REALLY is not a help yet when it comes to building or letting me build