DaKP VII 'Steam Tiger'

cjhm

My model will be of the DaKP 'Dampf angetriebene Kanone Plattform' (steam powered gun platform) VII, commonly called the Steam Tiger (Must work on this back story a little more me thinks)

Plan is to build this one of these quick assembly Tigers, add some pipes and other subtle details to produce the steam powered variant finished in brass\bronze\copper

Watch this space .....

spt_070212.jpg

Will you be adding the "Dampfsperre" steam baffles to your land cruiser sir?.

Of course, and the "Lochkarte" (punched card) controlled aiming mechanism, clearly a copy of the Babbage-Lovelace device used on British Behemoths

Started work, "Dampf-Trichter" funnels added to the rear with weaponry and other updates in progress, the plastic card additions behind the turret (work in progress) are to represent the "Kohle-Eimer" coal basket which provided fuel to the firebox via an ingenious mechanism to allow for turret rotation

spt_130212_1.jpg

spt_130212_2.jpg

Edited by cjhm

Think that's all of assembly, just need to clean up tracks a bit (they are only push fit at the moment) and then painting can start after a good wash to clear up swarf and grease from my grubby fingers

spt_150212_1.jpg

spt_150212_2.jpg

spt_150212_3.jpg

i am really liking the all bronze look and have you tried to dry brush the paint on i fine you get better coverage on

large areas if you are using a hairy stick

Thanks for that, gave it a go and it does cover better like that; think I was slopping on too much ....

More pics soon, nearly done

Nearly there

Thought I better post up the reference shots I used, these were of course taken from 'Dampf War Machines der Weltmächte 1937-1946' (Steam War Machines of World Powers 1937-1946), the authoritative work on these behemoths

spref_290212_1.jpg

spref_290212_2.jpg

All done, model railway coal as finishing touch to bunker

More pics in gallery

spt_f1.jpg

spt_f3.jpg

spt_f5.jpg

spt_f6.jpg

spt_f7.jpg

spt_f9.jpg

Edited by cjhm

• 3 months later...