FW190GB gallery

Finished at last and started at the last minute and simply built if not as I would have wanted to build them.

Starting with two views of the first kit, the FW190 A-8 Hagelcorn Test Aircraft and followed by a pair of pictures of of FW190 R-11 'White 9', both of these kits are built almost OOB and apart from the primer and the blue were painted by brush. The only modifications were to open the canopies and droop the elevators.

My build thread is here - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...topic=234916963

finished4-M.jpg

finished1-M.jpg

complete2-M.jpg

complete4-M.jpg

David.

Edited by lancfan

Right, posted in the correct place now! Tamiya 1/48 Fw190A-8 with an Aires pit and wheel bay. Just want to say again a massive thanks to you all for your help and offers of assistance when I needed it most. I've developed a real interest in the 190 while building this and it won't be my last (hopefully). Whatever the outcome of the competition I think this GB has been one of the best, I've seen some great builds built with genuine passion and interest so I'll hopefully see some of you again! Cheers, and signing off...

Build thread link.

According to the Tamiya instructions, this plane didn't have an aerial wire, but I've since learnt it only lacked the tensioner device and should hang down loose. I'll add it later, too tired now.

fw190jehgfejhgf0007.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0001_1.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0002.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0005-1.jpg

Edited by turnerdad

Build link is here:

Build Link

Kit is the JV44 boxing of the Tamiya 1/48 Focke Wulf Fw-190D

Paints for the camo are from the Gunze Sangyo Aqueous range and Vallejo Model Color range. Vallejo Matt UV safe varnish.

Decals are a combination of Skymodels 1/48 Fw-190D & Ta-152 sheet and kit decals

Details added include gun barrels added from hypodermic needles, drilled out vents and gun cartridge chutes, aerial wires and Eduard 1/48 Luftwaffe seatbelts

Here we are - the final reveal. I hope that you like?

Regards

Rob

FW14.jpg

FW9.jpg

FW10.jpg

FW8.jpg

• Mike unlocked this topic
  • Mike locked this topic