Mosquito

TerryJones

Started this one in 1999 but never got around to finishing it until now! All comments, crits are very welcome.

Wooden Wonder

FinalMaster1mossie-1.jpg

Oil on canvas 30" x 20"

Cheers,

Terry

• Like 3

thats very nice im building the biggie in this scheme and seen a lot of pics of it without the exhaust shrouds on was this standard on this bird bob

Thanks Bob,

I wanted a Mossie without the exhaust shrouds and like you found quite a few images of this particular Mossie including a model kit and this nice profile pic. Seems it was standard on this bird. What scale are you building?

DS468.jpg

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks for your comments guys, very much appreciated :) I won't be taking that long with the next one!!

Terry

Very nice Terry, glad you decided to finish this one after so long, may I ask what caused you to take a break from it? Particularly impressed by how the cloudscape is well rendered yet does not distract attention from the main subject.

Very nice Terry, glad you decided to finish this one after so long, may I ask what caused you to take a break from it? Particularly impressed by how the cloudscape is well rendered yet does not distract attention from the main subject.

Thanks mate : I got wrapped up in other work and time just passed by, I only realised it was so long when we moved address! I don't think I'll be leaving another that long.

Terry

Worth the wait - looks grand! ^_^

Thanks mate :) much appreciated.

Terry

Thanks Bob,

I wanted a Mossie without the exhaust shrouds and like you found quite a few images of this particular Mossie including a model kit and this nice profile pic. Seems it was standard on this bird. What scale are you building?

DS468.jpg

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks for your comments guys, very much appreciated :) I won't be taking that long with the next one!!

Terry

hi terry 1/24th scale hope fully for the de havilland mueseum ive got a few of the build shots on flikr under bob the lanc lover aint got a clue how to get them onto brit modler site from there though bob ps used to live just a stones through from hundon where this one flew from and once drove my toyota supra up the main runways which albeit narrower are still there nearly crapped myself though as a microlite decided to take off at the same time which was a bit dodgy for a while

Edited by bob the lanc lover

Hi Terry, Great picture and stunning sky, one comment if I may, is the size of the codes and therefore the taper towards the rear of the fuselage. If you look at te side profile elsewhere within the thread the codes are smaller. A personal observation and not a chritism.

Colin on the Africa Station

Worth the wait - looks grand! ^_^

Thanks Mike :)

Terry

Wow ! that looks fantastic, it was worth the wait. Stunning work

Thanks mate, much appreciated :)

Terry

hi terry 1/24th scale hope fully for the de havilland mueseum ive got a few of the build shots on flikr under bob the lanc lover aint got a clue how to get them onto brit modler site from there though bob ps used to live just a stones through from hundon where this one flew from and once drove my toyota supra up the main runways which albeit narrower are still there nearly crapped myself though as a microlite decided to take off at the same time which was a bit dodgy for a while

Hi Bob, Icouldn't find you on flikr :( It would be great to see the build, maybe get a photobucket account? it's easy to get your pictures onto a forum with that and it's free. Sounds like fun chasing aeroplanes in a Toyota Supra :lol:

Actually it sounds like fun driving a Supra anywhere!

Terry

Hi Terry, Great picture and stunning sky, one comment if I may, is the size of the codes and therefore the taper towards the rear of the fuselage. If you look at te side profile elsewhere within the thread the codes are smaller. A personal observation and not a chritism.

Colin on the Africa Station

Thanks Colin, your observations are spot on :thumbsup: I've made some changes and hopefully got it a bit closer to the profile. Let me know what you think.

Mossienew13-1-1.jpg

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks Goose :)

Terry

• Like 1

Tremendous work again, Terry!

Thanks mate I really appreciate you taking a look :)

Terry

Super painting.

Thanks mate :)

Terry

Thank you Goose, much appreciated :)

Terry

Super painting.

Cheers mate :)

Terry

superb :o

would very much like to be able to paint like this !

Rolf

Thanks Rolf you are a gent :)

Terry

Stunning work, well done!

Cheers Perry, much appreciated :)

Terry

Excellent work Terry, nicely posed attitude. The 'half finished' painting, kit build or whatever always comes back to haunt us all!

Cheers,

Mark B.

Thanks mate :) you are right about those unfinished projects, I think I've a few more that need finishing though I don't think I've ever left one this long before!

Terry

Hi Bob, Icouldn't find you on flikr :( It would be great to see the build, maybe get a photobucket account? it's easy to get your pictures onto a forum with that and it's free. Sounds like fun chasing aeroplanes in a Toyota Supra :lol:

Actually it sounds like fun driving a Supra anywhere!

Terry

hi terry yes itwas fun flying round in the supra but a bit expensive on petrol , this mossie is a nice subject but the plastic is very brittle and the sprue gates are huge so it has made me question its parentage lots of times only sunday did the undercart shear off on both sides causing me to speak to it in a nasty tone , and all the thin bits snapped just by looking at them might do the aussie scheme yet not sure [thats if i havent taught it to fly first bob i am on flikr under the name of r mortlock

Edited by bob the lanc lover

Thanks Colin, your observations are spot on :thumbsup: I've made some changes and hopefully got it a bit closer to the profile. Let me know what you think.

Mossienew13-1-1.jpg

Cheers,

Terry

Hi Terry, Much better, the tail cone doesn't seem to taper too severly now. I suppose, it's always the case when faced with a conical rear fuselage it closes down very quickly. I've got the ame problem with two MotoGP riders I'm busy with, I'm having a problem getting the helmet graphics to look right. I may have to resort to my proptional dividers!!!!

Colin

Thank you all for your great comments, I've made another change to the code lettering :rolleyes: This is the final one...honest!

Mossie202jpg-1-1.jpg

Cheers,

Terry

Ok I made one final change for those eagle eyed ;)

Edited by TerryJones
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Terry that looks spot on now. I often find now matter how long one may stare at something it's usually someone else spies something that's not quite spot on.

Thanks mate :) you are right about other people spotting those errors, looking at your own work for so long develops a kind of bias, you see what you want to see. A fresh pair of eyes sees it how it is.

Terry