1/48 - Sikorski H-34G.lll/UH-34J Seabat/Seahorse by Italeri - released

Homebee

Hope they do a 48th S-55 next year but I may settle for the Sea Horse and Jaguar!

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just been scrolling through Hannants Future Release list I see that Italeri have got a new tooling UH-34 Seahorse. Could this mean that, considering the tie in with Revell, that the Wessex from RoG will be a new tool too in the way that Italeri tooled up the 1/72 kits of these types??? Also listed are a 1/48 Jag Gr1, Sea Hurricane, Curtiss P-40E and 1/72 F-84G 'Thunderbolt,' probably meant to read Thunderjet, among others. Shock time too. hasegawa 1/72 F-104G CCV at £42.00!!!!!! 1/72 F/A-18F RAAF £33.00!!!!! [sorry, I won't go into this anymore. I promise.]

The Revell Wessex is listed as a repop of their own mould, which is undersized IIRC. Think Ian at Heritage Aviation is doing one in resin as well.

Paul Harrison

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Sikorsky H-34G.lll/UH-34J Seabat - ref.2712

Source:

http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2485

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=IT 2712

H-34G.lll/UH-34J

FULLY UPGRADED MOULDS - SUPER DECALS SHEET - COLOURED INSTRUCTION SHEET - PHOTO-ETCHED INCLUDED

The helicopter SH-34, developed by the American company Sikorsky in the first half of the '50s, was used by a significant number of Countries that have recognized its excellent features. During its career, it has taken part to several conflicts from Algeria to Vietnam. It was one of the last piston-powered helicopter design, produced in huge numbers, before the introduction of turbine-powered types. It was widely used to perform different kind of duties by U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps. However, thanks to its reliability and sturdiness, it was mainly used as medium transport and utility helicopter. It has also been used in search and rescue and MedEvac operations or, in the naval version, as Antisom warfare platform.

Decals for 2 versions

- Germany

- USA

2712_box.jpg

2712_sprue1.jpg

2712_sprue2.jpg

2712_sprue3-2x.jpg

2712_sprue4.jpg

2712_pe.jpg

2732_net4,5x4,5(1).jpg

2712profiliLR.jpg

2712_decalsLR.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Antoine,

Isn't that a D model with the earlier undercarriage?

The one in the photo looks like it has the two strut undercarriage whilst this new kit is the later, three strut type.

Wez

Edited by Wez

Don't see a detailed engine...

My thoughts exactly - and an odd omission, I'd have thought, given that the 'mesh' over the engine compartment appears 'see through'? On the other hand, the Gallery Models kit has a nicely detailed engine but has you apply a similar photo-etched 'mesh' over a solid plastic recess.

I've occasionally toyed with the idea of cutting away the plastic recess on the Gallery Models kit, but decided that it was probably beyond my abilities to do properly. I'm wondering now if it might be worth getting Italeri kit in the hope that the Gallery Models engine could be fitted into it? I could easily see myself doing two H-34s, as I've a Caracal sheet with a lot of colourful options on it.....so many kits, so little time!

Edited by hopkp

My thoughts exactly - and an odd omission, I'd have thought, given that the 'mesh' over the engine compartment appears 'see through'? On the other hand, the Gallery Models kit has a nicely detailed engine but has you apply a similar photo-etched 'mesh' over a solid plastic recess.

I've occasionally toyed with the idea of cutting away the plastic recess on the Gallery Models kit, but decided that it was probably beyond my abilities to do properly. I'm wondering now if it might be worth getting Italeri kit in the hope that the Gallery Models engine could be fitted into it? I could easily see myself doing two H-34s, as I've a Caracal sheet with a lot of colourful options on it.....so many kits, so little time!

Curious, why not just use the Gallery kit? Edited by Mike Esposito