revell b747-200 E-4B airborne command post

pperkins

Ahhh yes, this kit brings back some good memories. Are the 200 windows on the upper deck just flashed over? Reason I ask is the E-4 uses a few windows on the upper deck, not just the -100 three window banks (the E-4A did I believe). The decal sheet looks great!

Does this kit have a 1/144 diagram to show the placement of the small antennas? The original kit did.

Ahhh yes, this kit brings back some good memories. Are the 200 windows on the upper deck just flashed over? Reason I ask is the E-4 uses a few windows on the upper deck, not just the -100 three window banks (the E-4A did I believe). The decal sheet looks great!

Does this kit have a 1/144 diagram to show the placement of the small antennas? The original kit did.

hi yes the upper windows are apart from 3 or 4 showing only in the instrustions it shows where to place the small antennans

Sorry to hijack the thread but which airlines can you build from the kit in the box?

Antony

Many of the later 747-200 operators used the GE CF-6 engine so there are plenty of options:

A few that come to mind...

Lufthansa

KLM

Martinair

Air France

Wardair Canada

Varig

ANA

Alitalia

Thai

CargoLux

Pakiastan Airlines

Phillipine Airlines

UTA

Royal Jordanian

Air Gabon

You've also got a wealth of airlines that would have used second hand examples too.

The only problem may be finding decals of course!

what engines do i need for the list that i am doing, which is above?

Also where can i get them from?

You need the airfix engines that u get in the airfix kit also braz do them. But it's hard to get the airfix ones to fit I have been filling and sanding the airfix ones to fit this it for the last 5 hours and just got then to fit

so the cathay pacific ones are rolls royce?

how do i convert this kit ino the -300?

do i just hack the upper deck of revells -400 and hack of the -100/200 deck and swap them around????

The best way to produce a B747-300 for Cathay would be to use the Airfix 747-100/200 as a base (or even better the E-4B) and then put the upper deck from the Revell B747-400 on to it.

The -300 has a different wing root to the -400, and thus it is not a case of simply leaving off the winglets. The -400 also has a 6ft wing extension over the classics at the tip, and then the winglet is attached to that.

For a Cathay -300 you'll need Braz's short nacelle RB211s.

I'm planning to do the same conversion, but I'm going to do Qantas Nalanjii Dreaming which is an identical aircraft to the Cathay 747-300s.

Don't throw away the -200 upper deck or the rest of the -400 kit as you could mate the two and produce a -400 freighter. I did that with Cargolux decals, and I'm using the rest of the leftovers to make the Qantas -300. Waste not, want not!