Focke Wulf 190 Group Build Rules + Prize List

Right, time to spill the beans.

AndyL has very kindly donated a piece from an actual 190!!!!

It is from one of the tip and run Jabo's that crashed in Bournemouth.

He is going to have it mounted for us.

I don't know about you guys but I am just overwhelmed at this guys generosity.

Not only is he giving me a kit for free but he donates a small piece of history.

Andy, I doff my cap in your general direction. Your a star.

So who here wants to win this fantastic prize?

Over to you.....

Steve

As discussed with Steve, I'm donating my scraps of 190, which will be suitably mounted on a base.

I came about these purely by chance. I was researching the loss of P/O Cecil Hight of 234 Squadron, over Bournemouth, in August 1940. I had a letter printed in the Bournemouth Echo asking for any eye witnesses to get in touch. And they certainly did, including one who had in his possession some skinning from the 190 that crashed in the town, and kindly sent them to me. This GB made me remember I still had those fragments, and as they are stuffed away in some box, I thought they would make a different kind of prize.

I used to be very active in aviation archaeology for several years, and did have a selection of bits, most of which have either been passed to museums or what I still have, are in store. It's amazing what you can get given too. When I lived in Worcester, I was given a fuel pump from a Ju88 that crashed in Malvern.

Anyways, if you're interested in the history of the 190 in Bournemouth, have a look here -

http://www.aircrewremembrancesociety.com/l...43/Schmidt.html

Regards

Andy

Thank you Andy.

I would love to win that!

A couple of years ago they found also a 190 near our home. I wanted to go there to maybee salvage a smal peace of it, but they hade already moved it. Now are the remains in a museum at Deelen (the Netherlands).

http://www.museumvlbdeelen.nl/en/

Also thanks for the website. This is very interesting.

Edited by Arniec

Kev and I are in the same club and he was the one that put me onto the GB and I find he hasn't even started!!! He has become quite good at Luftwaffe models. Ah well it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

:blush: Thanks for the comments mate. Though I got you into this GB, you got me into Luftwaffe in the first place....... damn you!! :worthy: Hope to see you next weekend, otherwise feel free to drop me an email and we may be able to tee up a beer through the week.

Rowan + Jacksdad as one of the prize donors I don't want to officially enter as such, nor do I have time to do a build article but is it possible to put pics of a completed model in the gallery to go with this group build?

I was at the Huddersfield show last weekend and picked up a Hasegawa 1/72 Fw190F-8/R16 (with BT400 torpedo-bombs).

I've since started it, in fact it's fully assembled and painting has started and it will be finished soon. I just thought it might make an interesting addition to the gallery of completed models!

thanks

Mike

Hi Steve, I know, I wasn't bothered about a prize. I just thought I could contribute still and show a model of a Wulf with some of the mad weapons intended for it!

Let me know how to post the pics when it's done, as I've never done it on here before.

thanks

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Right guy's, just when I thought the prize mountain could not get any bigger I would like to tell you that there are more on their way. :wacko:

I will let Rowan announce them (!) once he has finalised things. All I will say at the moment is that the prizes are coming from a very well known company and that ther prizes themselves are fantastic.

Steve

Well it seems that FW190 GB prizes are like buses! :)

I've just heard from Nils at www.vingtor.com and he is donating a set of decals from his web site to be chosen by the winner from his current range. I've just had a wee look myself and there are some tasty decals there.

Thank you very much Nils.

Steve

Edited by jacksdad64

I hadn't realised there were prizes that had been donated to this Group Build, there looks to be some great stuff up for grabs. So I'd like to make a belated thanks to everyone concerned.

Okay I have some great news in terms of prizes for the group build that I think everyone will be interested to hear.

Maciej Góralczyk of Kagero Publishing and Decals contacted me earlier in the week and as he has very generously offered some prizes for the group build.

They are as follows:

- 6 new Kagero Decals He 111 P sheets in either 1/72 or 1/32 scale. - these will be awarded to the top two in scale, 1/32 or larger, 1/48 and 1/72.

- 1 Topshots-series booklet for each member who will finish at least one model by the end of the group build.

And he is keeping his eye on any builds using Kagero Decals. So if anyone has not yet chosen markings or has yet to enter a build then have a look at the markings Kagero offers. I will make another post detailing the actual publications that 190's feature in, but here is a quick list.

Monograph 01 - Focke-Wulf Fw 190 vol. I

Monograph 04 - Focke-Wulf Fw 190 vol. II

Monograph 05 - Focke-Wulf Fw 190 vol. III

Monograph 06 - Focke-Wulf Fw 190 vol. IV

Topdrawings 03 - Focke-Wulf Fw 190 D

Topcolors 09 - Luftwaffe Fighters 1945

Topcolors 13 - Operation Bodenplatte

Topcolors 14 - Fw 190 at War Part I

MiniTopcolors 20 - In Defence of the Reich Part I

Air Battles 10 - Luftwaffe over Tunisia vol. II February – May 1943

Aircraft Aces 1 - Helmut Wick, Fritz Losigkeit, Kurt Knappe

Aircraft Aces 2 - Josef Priller, Hans Waldmann, Wolfgang Späte

Aircraft Aces 3 - Heinz Ewald, Walter Wolfrum, Werner Hohenberg

I think you'll all agree that Maciej and Kagero Publications are being very generous with their support of this Group build by donating these great prizes. I can't thank them enough!