Focke Wulf FW190 A-8/R2 (Airfix 1/24 conv.)

Will you use it on the wing walk areas ?

I haven't decided yet. I was toying with the idea of using a different technique in other areas.

As well as the wing there is more paint chipping on the gun cowl and the engine panels.

I may try using a very small brush and Xtracolour 'Oily Steel' and also using a silver pencil.

Steve

Ok, I couldn't wait until Saturday, so last night I started the painting process.

Here is a picture of the Maskol applied to the foiled areas on the fuselage.

100_1783.jpg

Then it was just a matter of letting it dry while I prepared the primer. I usually use Halfords which I put in a basin of hot water for about 5 minutes. This gives me a good finish as the warmed up propellant increases the pressure and gives a finer spray (I think).

100_1784.jpg

100_1785.jpg

It has now been left to cure before I check for any blemishes e.t.c. needing fixed before I put on the camo colours.

All being well I'll get the RLM76 done on Saturday.

Steve

Got some paint on today.

U/C and bays done. I used Tamiya RLM Grey.

100_1786.jpg

Next it was on with the RLM76 using Xtracrylix.

100_1787.jpg

And while I had the 76 going I started the re-paint of the Ta152H. Wings and fuselage top will be next.

100_1788.jpg

Side by side.

100_1789.jpg

Just noticed that I'm out of RLM74. :o

Never mind, I can get the 75 on while I'm waiting for some to arrive.

TTFN.

Steve

Looking ace bud, where did you get the metal foil from. If I also may suggest, try using Alclads Micro grey primer, I've been using it for a few months now and I swear by, great stuff, and cures really fast. Worth a punt.

The Bare Metal Foil is from Hannants.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php...mp;currency_id=

I have used Halfords priner for years and it great. Cheap, good coverage, cures quickly and easy to get.

Told you I had no patience.

I mixed up the relevant Tamiya colours and away I went.

I'm following the pattern in the Focke Wulf FW190 & Ta152 book by Eduardo Soler & Aurelio Gimeno.

100_1794.jpg

100_1793.jpg

100_1792.jpg

I'm going to let the kit rest now before I seal the paint with Klear.

Then it will be onto the masks for the markings. These will be the ones done by Mal at Miracle Masks and will be the first time I've used his product.

Steve

Crikey it'd take me a week or more to get that far painting! Your a braver man than me painting it with the u/c and drop tank in place, i'd have soon knocked those off, but then again you've seen how clumsy I am.

Crikey it'd take me a week or more to get that far painting! Your a braver man than me painting it with the u/c and drop tank in place, i'd have soon knocked those off, but then again you've seen how clumsy I am.

Its actually quite easy in a big kit.

I sprayed the camo freehand with my Iwata and used the crown head for the mottle as it allows you to get in close with the nozzle.

Also, by spraying at the right angle you can get away with not masking the u/c with just a little touch up required.

To be honest I'm surprised I got that all done today. Probably just a combination of well thinned paint and no patience.

I just hope I don't cock up the markings having gotten this far. :)

Steve

Its actually quite easy in a big kit.

I sprayed the camo freehand with my Iwata and used the crown head for the mottle as it allows you to get in close with the nozzle.

Also, by spraying at the right angle you can get away with not masking the u/c with just a little touch up required.

To be honest I'm surprised I got that all done today. Probably just a combination of well thinned paint and no patience.

I just hope I don't cock up the markings having gotten this far. :)

Steve

Like you i'm not into all this masking when doing camouflage, I use the crown cap on my Iwata too.

Had a look at the paint work this morning and it is looking suitably patchy.

So I have just given it a coat of Klear to seal the work so far.

Next jobs will be the red band and the yellow at the front of the cowl.

Steve