Fw190A8 Walkarounds

Hello folks,

only 5 days to wait. Here the promised Walkaround from the Luftfahrtmuseum Hannover, Germany. This aircraft was the model for the Eduard weeekend kit

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Have fun and enjoy the GB

greets Thomas

2nd Part

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

greets Thomas

3rd Part

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

Edited by Mish

Great pictures, thanks for posting! Did you talk to anyone at the museum about the restoration? On the museum's website it says "original restoration", but how original is "original"? Especially the paint work/colours...

Cheers

J

Some mebers of a local model club were involved in the restoration process. For the paint/color i can say that the colors were mixed according to LDv ( Luftwaffendiesntvorschrift) and i spoke with guy who painted it. So we have her in Hannover a brand new paited bird (without weathering effects)

I have that Eduard kit, and was going to use it in the group build, but I'm not going to be able to take part now because of other commitments. These will come in useful when I do get to buildting the kit though. Thanks Thomas!

Chris

Excellent shots Thomas and a useful addition to the GB.

I have the book 'Focke Wulf FW190 im Detail' by Jens Nissen, which shows the restoration process of this aircraft. From what I can gather the one in the museum has more or less been built new using the recoevered parts from the crash site. They even recovered the pilots watch which had stopped at 1505. There was an awful lot of work went into it and the guys should be, rightly, proud of their achievement.

Interesting to see the Swastika on the tail.

Steve

http://www.amazon.de/Focke-Wulf-190-Detail...n/dp/3613021986