Hasegawa 1/48 F-22 Raptor

Hello

I got this on sale from Japan, it was the Idol Master version, which caused me no end of grief due to the vibrancy of the pink showing through on the intakes etc. now you can get the 'proper' version in the UK for less.... I used Two Mikes decals to finish it. Not my normal kit at all, but I saw one built up and thought it looked cool. The build went relatively well with good overall fit, but I had a right 'mare with the paint, including a huge paint lift when demasking which required me to extend the second camo more than necessary as I had none of the base colour mix left <_<

No weathering as (when) they fly they seem fairly clean and tbh after the paint issues I just wanted done with it...

Ian

DSCF0605.jpg

DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0604.jpg

DSCF0603.jpg

DSCF0602.jpg

DSCF0601.jpg

DSCF0607.jpg

DSCF0600.jpg

Looks great to me, Ian! Did you try to add some metalizer to the paints in order to replicate that weird sheen that the Raptor has? I can't tell from the photos. I have the Revell 1:72 version, along with the Big Ed set and the Aires resin accessories. The aftermarket cost twice as much as the kit!

Cheers,

Bill

That's very nice indeed! I like the way you have displayed the model very much. I have one and I am dreading painting it! I take my hat off to you for all the hard work.

That's very nice indeed! I like the way you have displayed the model very much. I have one and I am dreading painting it! I take my hat off to you for all the hard work.

Cheers

I tried to follow<this> but struggled to stop the Alclad just glooping up (worse with the base colour hence why I ran out). it is a nice effect as long as you are careful

Ian

Edited by fu_manchu