CMR Scimitar x 23rd October 18, some progress

wow, I'm a bit late to this build, but wow what a great job x3!

Love the interior work, looks really nice.

they will look nice all together when finished.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok - Whilst I have concentrated on the Javelin build whilst contemplating whether I could be bothered to improve the nose shape (from windscreen to nose should be a nice convex curve.) So I went with Milliput filler. First layer went on fine. Second layer went on fine on two of the aircraft but on one has not hardened properly (all for the same lump - which is very strange). I have now left them for 5 days and the one aircraft the filler is still softish - any thoughts on how to solve this? Just leave for another week? Scrape off and start again?

Any help much appreciated

Edited by crobinsonh

• 11 months later...

Ok. Putty hardened and nose shapes largely corrected. Next problem is taking the Tamiya masking tape off after 2 years and a lot of the glue residue has been left on the painted surfaces.

What is the best way to get rid of this without damaging the paint surfaces (e.g. stopping back to bare resin)?

All help appreciated!

I have this problem a lot as my builds tend to take quite a long time. Plastic polish is your friend, I have a small bottle of Bare Metal Foil's plastic polish that I've had for years (bought from Hannant's but is available from BMF's own website). A small dab on a cotton bud and off it comes. Other plastic polishes should work as well, as would tooth paste on a cotton bud. Test on a scrap bit first though just in case there is a reaction.

Duncan B

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
10 hours ago, CJP said:

I had not seen this WIP before and am following with interest as I have one in the stash to do one day

Here is my build of this kit - along with these three builds, hopefully it will help move your mojo, or whet your whistle, or whatever it takes to have you start that kit. It's a good one.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Here is my build of this kit - along with these three builds, hopefully it will help move your mojo, or whet your whistle, or whatever it takes to have you start that kit. It's a good one.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill - I just had a look through your build and it will be a useful reference when I get mine started - it certainly looks like a beautiful kit and as usual your model does it justice - I currently have two builds going and they will never get finished if I start another model now.

Chris

A very slow update - only 4 years later! 

I have in the time between this update and the last one stripped the paint and repainted again. The real problem with having such long builds is you tend to lose bits and bobs and break bits! This is the second time that I have painted and the second time I have had to repair the delicate wing fences.

URIUXC.png

QqTFAV.png

N35XDx.png

YrBKRm.png

x0rDgU.png

Hopefully more updates over the next few days 🙂

• Like 5