I wasn't aware of faults with the G-6.

I know they made a mess of the rear cockpit area with the 1/32 ones.

I think its only a few minor bits and bobs ,one or two pannel lines out of place and a slightly wrong spinner shape which i think sanding can sort out .

I think its only a few minor bits and bobs ,one or two pannel lines out of place and a slightly wrong spinner shape which i think sanding can sort out .

Mmmmm. I'll look into that and see.

I do not claim to be and would hate to be a rivet counter but I will want it to look fairly accurate.

Fortunately I have the HTModel book on the G-6 which is pretty much the bible on the subject as far as modelling reference goes.

This will be my last comment on the Bf109 GB here as this should really be done in its own chat thread.

Steve

Hmm After all these words I have the need to do more than just one. But what will it be beside the Avia S199?

A G10 with 110 cowling? or a G6? or a conversian to a F4? hmmm difficult. What would you guys do?

O, the G10 is in Italian markings (Montex mask) and the F4 is a desert camo (again Montex).

Edited by Arniec

• 2 weeks later...

before this GB finishes can I just say that this "communual" modelling is infectious and whats more it has pushed me to want to do more as this is the first GB I would like to say this has pushed me to the limit and have had a learning and enjoyable experience at the same time on to the close support GB next. but I have a feeling I may be speaking to a few of you when the 109 GB comes around

can I also thank everyone for their help, and parts and advice from someone who didn't really have a clue with the subject matter or the complexity of my chosen kit

Darren

before this GB finishes can I just say that this "communual" modelling is infectious and whats more it has pushed me to want to do more as this is the first GB I would like to say this has pushed me to the limit and have had a learning and enjoyable experience at the same time on to the close support GB next. but I have a feeling I may be speaking to a few of you when the 109 GB comes around

can I also thank everyone for their help, and parts and advice from someone who didn't really have a clue with the subject matter or the complexity of my chosen kit

Darren

Your very welcome Darren. I think you have put your finger on the main purpose of GB's. Yes there can be a few bumps along the way, but I think can all say we have learnt something along the way that has made us a better modeller. Add to that you get to meet and make new friends along the way.

And like you I'm sure I will meet many of you in the Bf109 GB later in the year.

Steve

I like the GB's because they give my modelling a bit of 'structure' and I have to try and build to a deadline. I've pencilled myself down for 9 or 10 this year and fully intend to complete them and to fill in with some other builds

Darren

I second that darren ive got to say the help & advice from everyone in the group build is outstanding really helped me to carry on with mine even after my self inflicted problems this is my first group build & it definetley wont be my last

Just to add about trumpys 1/32 G-6. I have it in the stash, spinner is off by 2mm, underside profile is a tad flat, nothing that some gentle bending wont fix, rear of the cockpit trumpy give you a seat back,where in reality the pilot sat against the bulkhead. All in all its actually a really good kit and compares up the the hase one better in overall dimesions. rudder looks a bit shallow, again nothing that cannot be fixed. Trumpy for some unknown reason got rather a large bashing over their G-6. No idea why yes rivet detail is to some people over stated and I forgot to mention the tail wheel is undersized. But in modelling terms nothing that cannot be fixed with some time and patience.

I would like to announce that given the choice Nick (turnerdad) has chosen the H&4 airbrush as his pressie.

Well done Nick.

Also, I would like to congratulate Alistair (Mottlemaster) in winning the FW190 parts donated by AndyL.

Alistair, if you could forward your address to Andy for posting.

Well done Alistair. And a thoroughly deserved pressie as well.

Lastly, for this post, I would like to congratulate Stu (stoohoo) on getting the 1/32 Revell Hawk + RAM Models brand new decals for the 2007 Display scheme. It is a wonderful kit that I know you'll enjoy very much.

Steve

Congratulations to Nick, Steve, Alistair, Stu and all the other entrants, those who picked up a prize and those that missed out this time. It was a great GB and chock full of great reference material and good cheer. Thanks to those that honoured me with a vote.

It was great to be a part of the GB and I do have a 109 or two so I may be back as there are one or two (dozen) things I need to learn about the 109.

Regards and happy modelling,

Edited by Kahunaminor

I've just been perusing the gallery. There's some really top quality modelling on display there! Wouldn't it be good if they could all be displayed together on the same table.

Enzo,

Great idea, can anyone provide funding for Kahunaminor and I to fly to the UK to place our kits on the table???? ;) Obviously not possible, but wouldn't it be nice...... :hmmm:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have to say I apologise for the delays in getting the Kagero prizes send out and the other prizes I have to give out as well. The fault lies with me in not contacting Kagero as quickly as I should have. However, do not despair! I have been in contact with Maciej at Kagero this very morning and I think he will be sending the prizes out very soon, and I will then send them out to all of you as soon as they arrive.

Again guys, very sorry for the delays with this :(

• 2 weeks later...