• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 jacksdad

jacksdad

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Reading some of the threads in the GB and there are quite a few comments along the lines of "I wish they would do a ..........."
This got me thinking and so for a bit of fun if you could get a manufacturer to do ONE new FW190 kit what would you choose that we don't have already in standard kit form (i.e. not in resin conversion form).

For me it would be a 1/32 kit of the V-1 DOPZE, with the option to do either of the propellors. That way I could buy two. :whistle:

So what would you guys choose. And remember just one. :wicked:

#42 Arniec

Arniec

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Reading some of the threads in the GB and there are quite a few comments along the lines of "I wish they would do a ..........."
This got me thinking and so for a bit of fun if you could get a manufacturer to do ONE new FW190 kit what would you choose that we don't have already in standard kit form (i.e. not in resin conversion form).

For me it would be a 1/32 kit of the V-1 DOPZE, with the option to do either of the propellors. That way I could buy two. :whistle:

So what would you guys choose. And remember just one. :wicked:

Great choice,

Hmmmm The only one that hasen't been done is a A1 in 1/48. The rest you can buy or are conversions for.

#43 Parabat

Parabat

Airborne

• Members
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

Good to see some new builds joining this group, it's really gaining popularity. Really diverse collection by the end of this if everyone gets 'em built!

#44 Mottlemaster

Mottlemaster

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

WE Are getting many makes and scales . At quick guesstimate i reccon Eduard 109A's take pole, with 1/48 most popular scale. Thougt there would be more 1/32 and 1or 2 Trumpeter 1/24. Nice to see some of the older kits being built .Group builds are a perfect excuse to bring the old ones to the surface.

#45 jacksdad

jacksdad

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

I totally agree, Alistair.
I am pleased that the GB is going so well and I'm not looking forward to having to pick a favourite at the end.

Steve

#46 Mottlemaster

Mottlemaster

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Please how do you get the group build banner for the 190 on your posts ? My need probably goes back 40 years to when i was a scout collecting sew on badges (never got the one for spelling)! :D

#47 jacksdad

jacksdad

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Please how do you get the group build banner for the 190 on your posts ? My need probably goes back 40 years to when i was a scout collecting sew on badges (never got the one for spelling)! :D

Not sure if this will work but it seems straight-forward.
Right click on my banner and save to your desktop. Then upload the saved image to your Photobucket (or what ever one your using to post pictures. )
Go to your controls on here and select 'Edit signature'.
Then just paste the img code onto there and that should work. (I think)

Steve

#48 Mottlemaster

Mottlemaster

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Thanks Steve

#49 jacksdad

jacksdad

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Well guys, you may not have noticed but we are only just past the first month mark with two still to go.
Plenty of time to get you current build done and another one started (?)
Depending how other things go I may end up having a go at the 1/32 S3C Mistel I spoke about doing. I have actually made a start on the 190 in the hope that I can manage it. It really is dependant on whether I can get the Zwilling done in time for the Scottish Nats at the end April.
Time will tell.

Steve

#50 Arniec

Arniec

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Well guys, you may not have noticed but we are only just past the first month mark with two still to go.
Plenty of time to get you current build done and another one started (?)
Depending how other things go I may end up having a go at the 1/32 S3C Mistel I spoke about doing. I have actually made a start on the 190 in the hope that I can manage it. It really is dependant on whether I can get the Zwilling done in time for the Scottish Nats at the end April.
Time will tell.

Steve

Good luck and may the force be with you.

#51 usetherudders

usetherudders

Established Member

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Just saw this on the Eduard site a new A7

.Eduard FW 190 A7

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#52 jacksdad

jacksdad

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

Just saw this on the Eduard site a new A7

.Eduard FW 190 A7

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye. I'll be getting mine next week from MJW Models.
I plan to do von Kornatski's aircraft, the daddy of Sturm. With the first one :)

Steve

#53 coolhand

coolhand

Established Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hi guys

Been thimking about getting involved in this GB, but looking at some of the fantastic builds already started I have noticed that they all seem the have mottle finishes. As I don't own an airbrush this would be difficult for me to reproduce. I was therefore wondering if there are any non-mottle FW190 schemes and which mark of aircraft it appeared on? Also are the any 1/48 kits that come with a non-mottle scheme out of the box?

Cheers

#54 Enzo Matrix

Enzo Matrix

Format? I have no format. I am a renegade, lost on the Net.

• Members
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Been thimking about getting involved in this GB, but looking at some of the fantastic builds already started I have noticed that they all seem the have mottle finishes. As I don't own an airbrush this would be difficult for me to reproduce. I was therefore wondering if there are any non-mottle FW190 schemes and which mark of aircraft it appeared on? Also are the any 1/48 kits that come with a non-mottle scheme out of the box?

Have you considered a desert scheme. A number of aircraft were finished with RLM 79 uppersurfaces and RLM 78 undersurfaces.

There is a scheme showing an A-8/R-2 captured by the Americans in the Eduard kit. Linky --> Click it! This is in overall orange!

There may also be some nightfighter 190s which were in overall RLM 76.

#55 jacksdad

jacksdad

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

There were indeed a few A-4's with EK9 at Bengasi in Libya.
There also quite a number of Russian Front schemes with the white upper colours that you could do.

However, do let the lack of an airbrush put you off mottling.
There are ways of achieving it with a hairy stick, so why not grab a scrap piece of card/plastic and give it a go. You'll probably surprise yourself.

Steve

#56 Arniec

Arniec

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

If you google a little you will find enough schemes that were without mottle.
I hope this will help.

#57 coolhand

coolhand

Established Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Can't say I had considered desert or captured schemes. Have also come across some interesting schemes for A4.

cheers

#58 Arniec

Arniec

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Can't say I had considered desert or captured schemes. Have also come across some interesting schemes for A4.

cheers

You could also do a captured British one. I have seen some pictures of a A3 with brown/green camouflage and on the underside it was yellow. It hade roundels in six positions.

#59 coolhand

coolhand

Established Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

You could also do a captured British one. I have seen some pictures of a A3 with brown/green camouflage and on the underside it was yellow. It hade roundels in six positions.

Hi,

Came across a couple of pictures of this one too, but am getting more and more tempted by a desert scheme

Cheers

#60 Mottlemaster

Mottlemaster

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

To all my friends and familly this is an official anounsment to let you know that the person you knew as Alistair is no more . He is now known under his new name Mottlemaster. The inland revinue and passport office have been notified :)