Hi guys

Been thimking about getting involved in this GB, but looking at some of the fantastic builds already started I have noticed that they all seem the have mottle finishes. As I don't own an airbrush this would be difficult for me to reproduce. I was therefore wondering if there are any non-mottle FW190 schemes and which mark of aircraft it appeared on? Also are the any 1/48 kits that come with a non-mottle scheme out of the box?

Cheers

Been thimking about getting involved in this GB, but looking at some of the fantastic builds already started I have noticed that they all seem the have mottle finishes. As I don't own an airbrush this would be difficult for me to reproduce. I was therefore wondering if there are any non-mottle FW190 schemes and which mark of aircraft it appeared on? Also are the any 1/48 kits that come with a non-mottle scheme out of the box?

Have you considered a desert scheme. A number of aircraft were finished with RLM 79 uppersurfaces and RLM 78 undersurfaces.

There is a scheme showing an A-8/R-2 captured by the Americans in the Eduard kit. Linky --> Click it! This is in overall orange!

There may also be some nightfighter 190s which were in overall RLM 76.

There were indeed a few A-4's with EK9 at Bengasi in Libya.

There also quite a number of Russian Front schemes with the white upper colours that you could do.

However, do let the lack of an airbrush put you off mottling.

There are ways of achieving it with a hairy stick, so why not grab a scrap piece of card/plastic and give it a go. You'll probably surprise yourself.

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Can't say I had considered desert or captured schemes. Have also come across some interesting schemes for A4.

cheers

You could also do a captured British one. I have seen some pictures of a A3 with brown/green camouflage and on the underside it was yellow. It hade roundels in six positions.

You could also do a captured British one. I have seen some pictures of a A3 with brown/green camouflage and on the underside it was yellow. It hade roundels in six positions.

Hi,

Came across a couple of pictures of this one too, but am getting more and more tempted by a desert scheme

Cheers

To all my friends and familly this is an official anounsment to let you know that the person you knew as Alistair is no more . He is now known under his new name Mottlemaster. The inland revinue and passport office have been notified :)

Hi guys

Cheers

what about a jg 54 A4 they are quite solid colours especially like the spring eastern front scheme?

Not sure if this is the best place for this. but here goes: is it too late for me to join this GB? Thanks to those awfuly nice chaps at SBX I have an Eduard Fw 190A-8 and a set of Karaya decals sitting on the bench[1]. I'm going to do the overall orange aircraft captured by the 404th FG coded OO-L, and I'd much rather be building it in a group than playing on my own.

Andy

[1] I found out reading through the previous posts in this thread that the profi pack version of the kit I bought already has this scheme. I'm really glad the deal I got on the kit means I've still come out slightly ahead.

I was just wondering if anyone has used any Scale Aircraft conversions white metal u/c legs? All the resin and metal i'm gradually/hoping to get into my 190 is going to put some strain on the kits u/c, are these worth getting?

Hi guys,

Just a quick message to say I'm sorry for going AWOL on the group build but I will be doing my best to get more involved. Jacksdad64 (Steve) has been doing a sterling job running the build on his own and has my gratitude. I will try and get more involved from now on and I have some exciting news to come in terms of group build prizes :)

Jacksdad64 (Steve) has been doing a sterling job running the build on his own and has my gratitude.

:blush: It's been my pleasure. As well as helping one or two of the guys I have learnt some stuff on the 190 as well. Win Win all round.

I'm looking forward to seeing Rowan tickling some plastic. :whistle:

Steve

Afternoon Gents.

Now I don't want a panic here but, THERE IS ONLY 5 WEEKS TO GO!!

Seems like a long time now but it will fly by before you know it.

Personally I am hoping to have mine in the gallery by the end of next week. I am trying to get the Tornado F.3 done for Tuesday as its my clubs Model of the Year comp.

As for the Sturmbocke I just have seat belts, wheels, aeriel, gun barrels and a final weather to go. As well as a wee bit more paint chipping around the cowl.

I'm really looking forward to finishing this to see the finished product. It has been a hugely enjoyable build and will certainly not be my last Airfix biggy.

So, Digitus Extractum guys. Let's see how many we can get into the gallery before closing time.

Don't forget, EVERYONE who posts a completed build in the gallery will get a Kagero Topshots book.

Best of Luck.

Steve

Edited by jacksdad64

No worries...will have the Pegasus 190 done tomorrow, and depending if the postman delivers, I have some Gunze paints and a Tamiya A8 ready to go. Should have that done in the scheme I was going to do my now recycled Eduard 190 in :)

Question regards the gallery. Am I allowed to post a stack of pics of my completed build under my build thread, and pic the best four to add to the gallery? Just wondering as I am photographing my now finished 152 tomorrow and want to know what I can do with all the pics I will take. Thanks in advance.

Afternoon Gents.

Now I don't want a panic here but, THERE IS ONLY 5 WEEKS TO GO!!

Seems like a long time now but it will fly by before you know it.

Personally I am hoping to have mine in the gallery by the end of next week. I am trying to get the Tornado F.3 done for Tuesday as its my clubs Model of the Year comp.

As for the Sturmbocke I just have seat belts, wheels, aeriel, gun barrels and a final weather to go. As well as a wee bit more paint chipping around the cowl.

I'm really looking forward to finishing this to see the finished product. It has been a hugely enjoyable build and will certainly not be my last Airfix biggy.

So, Digitus Extractum guys. Let's see how many we can get into the gallery before closing time.

Don't forget, EVERYONE who posts a completed build in the gallery will get a Kagero Topshots book.

Best of Luck.

Steve

Your right ,5 weeks will go by in a flash. Its going to be touch and go for my Dora as i have a seasonal job that gives me loads of time in the winter and bu**er all in the spring . Always new this one could be a focke too far.

After a lot of thought i've decided to pull my build out of this Group Build. My reason for this is down to one individual and him in my eyes using this Group Build as some sort of competition, why else would you feel the need to "lift your game", you only do that if you feel the need to beat someone, Group Builds I thought aren't about beating anyone. I for one didn't fall for his excuse. I don't want my models being judged against any one elses. I've asked Jacksdad to move my thread to the wip section so if anyone still wishes to follow the build it can be found there.