For you guys building the Eduard D-9's and D-11 I added this to your posts: Apparently the angles of both vertical surfaces should be 93 degrees from the horizontal and not 90 degrees.

Regards,

Actually its the horizontal surface, part X5, that is at 93deg! That is misleading information you've given out there. Although anyone that looks it up will see that. If people kick the vertical surfaces, parts X46 and X38 out they will run into all kinds of trouble. Those 2 parts have to remain vertical as the engine bulk head, engine bearers have to all fit to part X38. That article came about because people weren't following the instructions correctly and were presuming how the parts fit together.

When I built mine I was never knew about that article and never had any trouble with the fit.

One thing I did have to do though was open out the notches in part W1 so that they would fit over the exhaust boxes parts Y17 and Y29. Another thing bearing in mind is that Eduard would have you fit the exhausts before closing the fuselage. This is not so, if you cut the exhausts into 3 they can be fitted from the outside at the end of the build.

Edited by tank152

Actually its the horizontal surface, part X5, that is at 93deg! That is misleading information you've given out there. Although anyone that looks it up will see that. If people kick the vertical surfaces, parts X46 and X38 out they will run into all kinds of trouble. Those 2 parts have to remain vertical as the engine bulk head, engine bearers have to all fit to part X38. That article came about because people weren't following the instructions correctly and were presuming how the parts fit together.

When I built mine I was never knew about that article and never had any trouble with the fit.

My apologies but my intention was merely to highlight the issue. I may have transposed the angles (I am doing that a lot lately) but those building the kits now have a reference. Having re read my original post, I should have added "from the horizontal piece or surface." I think without that word it reads entirely differently as you have correctly pointed out. I was going from memory and didn't have the sheet in front of me to denote the actual pieces. Hopefully, as you say, people will go to the source for the pictures. Thanks for clarifying the parts which need to be angled at 93deg.

Regards

Edited by Kahunaminor

I have just posted pics of my completed Hasegawa Fw-190A-7 in the readers photo section, started way too early for the GB, and finally finished after 2 months. Have started to take a few parts off the sprues for the Ta-152, progress pics of her thru the week.

My apologies but my intention was merely to highlight the issue. I may have transposed the angles (I am doing that a lot lately) but those building the kits now have a reference. Having re read my original post, I should have added "from the horizontal piece or surface." I think without that word it reads entirely differently as you have correctly pointed out. I was going from memory and didn't have the sheet in front of me to denote the actual pieces. Hopefully, as you say, people will go to the source for the pictures. Thanks for clarifying the parts which need to be angled at 93deg.

Regards

No need to apologise, we all work together pooling ideas.

Anyway I mentioned in a previous post the cutting of the exhausts to enable fitting after painting thought a picture may help to show where to cut them.

DSC_0687.jpg

You can do the same with the Quickboost ones as I did with mine.

Edited by tank152

At this time I would just like to say many thanks to the guys who have gotten this GB off to a great start and thanks to the guys who have recently joined us.

I am really looking forward to seeing some great 190's in the gallery and already it promises to be very difficult to pick a favourite.

Also, I would like to re-thank all the generous people who have donated some wonderful prizes. I am genuinely stunned at the generosity of people and I'm sure that the prizes will be much appreciated by the winners. And if you have not done so already, please take 5 minutes to have a look at them and visit their sites. Well worth a look.

Anyhoo, that's my gushing over for tonight.

Enjoy the rest of the GB gents. I know I will.

Steve

Anyone have a good pic of the seat harness for the Ta152.

Cheers Tony..

As a good reference for details I often use the Eduard instructions which you can get off their web site.

Here is the link for the 1/48 Ta152H set. Just click on the instructions pdf link and away you go. Hopefully it will help.

Steve

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Photo-e...-152H-1-48.html

Reading some of the threads in the GB and there are quite a few comments along the lines of "I wish they would do a ..........."

This got me thinking and so for a bit of fun if you could get a manufacturer to do ONE new FW190 kit what would you choose that we don't have already in standard kit form (i.e. not in resin conversion form).

For me it would be a 1/32 kit of the V-1 DOPZE, with the option to do either of the propellors. That way I could buy two. :whistle:

So what would you guys choose. And remember just one. :wicked:

Reading some of the threads in the GB and there are quite a few comments along the lines of "I wish they would do a ..........."

This got me thinking and so for a bit of fun if you could get a manufacturer to do ONE new FW190 kit what would you choose that we don't have already in standard kit form (i.e. not in resin conversion form).

For me it would be a 1/32 kit of the V-1 DOPZE, with the option to do either of the propellors. That way I could buy two. :whistle:

So what would you guys choose. And remember just one. :wicked:

Great choice,

Hmmmm The only one that hasen't been done is a A1 in 1/48. The rest you can buy or are conversions for.

Good to see some new builds joining this group, it's really gaining popularity. Really diverse collection by the end of this if everyone gets 'em built!

WE Are getting many makes and scales . At quick guesstimate i reccon Eduard 109A's take pole, with 1/48 most popular scale. Thougt there would be more 1/32 and 1or 2 Trumpeter 1/24. Nice to see some of the older kits being built .Group builds are a perfect excuse to bring the old ones to the surface.

Please how do you get the group build banner for the 190 on your posts ? My need probably goes back 40 years to when i was a scout collecting sew on badges (never got the one for spelling)! :D

Please how do you get the group build banner for the 190 on your posts ? My need probably goes back 40 years to when i was a scout collecting sew on badges (never got the one for spelling)! :D

Not sure if this will work but it seems straight-forward.

Right click on my banner and save to your desktop. Then upload the saved image to your Photobucket (or what ever one your using to post pictures. )

Go to your controls on here and select 'Edit signature'.

Then just paste the img code onto there and that should work. (I think)

Steve

Well guys, you may not have noticed but we are only just past the first month mark with two still to go.

Plenty of time to get you current build done and another one started (?)

Depending how other things go I may end up having a go at the 1/32 S3C Mistel I spoke about doing. I have actually made a start on the 190 in the hope that I can manage it. It really is dependant on whether I can get the Zwilling done in time for the Scottish Nats at the end April.

Time will tell.

Steve

Well guys, you may not have noticed but we are only just past the first month mark with two still to go.

Plenty of time to get you current build done and another one started (?)

Depending how other things go I may end up having a go at the 1/32 S3C Mistel I spoke about doing. I have actually made a start on the 190 in the hope that I can manage it. It really is dependant on whether I can get the Zwilling done in time for the Scottish Nats at the end April.

Time will tell.

Steve

Good luck and may the force be with you.