Well, here it is at last. I have been looking forward to this GB for quite some time.

As the 190 is my all time favourite aircraft I am looking forward to seeing lots of builds on the forum.

Also, I hope to do justice to the kits I plan to do. As I said before I plan to do a Sturmbock using the Airfix 1/24 kit and if time allows a Mistel S3C in 1/32 using the Revell Ju88 and a Hasegawa A-8.

Good luck to Rowan in hosting and I'm sure he will not be short of willing volunteers to help.

Steve

Edited by jacksdad64

I hadn't been keeping an eye on the GB chat so did not see this coming. I have the 1/48 Monogram kit from the 70's in the stash so I could join this build. I am a "casual" modeller and not always concerned too much with the accuracy of a kit; However I believe the main shortcoming with this kit are the wheel wells which are devoid of any detail. Anyone else have experience of this kit?

First of all, my apologies for being absent the last 3 or so weeks as i have been distracted by buying a new car. I shall get this Group Build up and running before the weekend so people can start posting threads of their builds.

The more the merrier Maxidad, will look forwrad to your build!

Morning guys. Right the GB starts today, so lets see those boxes onpened and lets see what you've got.

Good Luck to everyone who is taking part and I look forward to BM being infested with 190's over the coming months.

I am away to be cracking on with my 1/24 one today as I really want to get the second build (1/32 Mistel S3C) done as well. It may be a tall order but I will have a go.

While I would claim to be a 190 expert it is my favourite aircraft and as such I've amassed a fair amount of reference material. So if any of you want any info/help please do not hesitate to ask. The reference thread will be up and running soon and all Q's should be put in there.

Anyhoo, on with the show and I'll see you all at the end.

Steve

Good Morning gents. Just a wee update for you.

Along with the items donated by myself and Rowan we have had a very generous response from some vendors with a number of other prizes. As it stands we have about 8 prizes to hand out at the end and I'm hopeful we can get one or two more.

I will be posting a list of the vendors and the prizes on Saturday so I hope you are looking forward to that. All I will say just now is that I am stunned at the generosity of some vendors on here, especially with the way things are these days.

See you soon,

Steve

Just a wee pre-posting up date.

A couple more of the prizes have arrived. I have also been told that another will be along soon, once the addition to it is ready. :wicked:

So tune in tomorrow guys to see what's on offer.

The way it's going to probably work is that once the voting is done I will contact the winners for their home address' for sending out the prizes. So, basically, if we end up with 8 prizes the top 8 builds will get something.

I hope this is satisfactory. :fuhrer:

T.T.F.N.

Steve

Edited by jacksdad64

I've just heard from another vendor who is going to be donating something to the prize fund.

All I will tell you at the moment is that I am totally gob-smacked at their generosity. This will be the GB top prize, awarded to the build with the most votes.

I am really looking forward to posting the prize list tomorrow as I know you are going to love it.

If my brain is working properly, we have 10 prizes to hand out at the end of the GB.

So, in anticipation of posting the list, may I just say a huge thank you to the people who have kindly donated items for the GB. You have made a huge difference to the GB.

Steve

Which two will I build? A sort of mini poll.

1. Hobby Boss - Ta 152C-1 #81702

HBB81702m.jpg

2. Eduard - Fw 190A-5 #8174 Traded with jacksdad64

DSCF8760.jpg

3. Eduard - Fw 190D-11 #84103

DSCF8759.jpg

4. Eduard - Fw 190A-8/R2 #8428

DSCF8758.jpg

5. Eduard - Fw190F-8 #84111

84111.jpg

6. Dragon - Fw190D-9 Langnasen-dora

DSCF8761.jpg

Results on Sunday 19th.

Tony..

Edited by TonyGol

For you guys building the Eduard D-9's and D-11 I added this to your posts:

Are you aware of the errata sheet that Eduard put out concerning the construction of the MG bay and firewall??? It was in one of their newsletters (June 2010) after the release of the Dora. Apparently the angles of both vertical surfaces should be 93 degrees from the horizontal and not 90 degrees.

I have a copy but it should still be on the Eduard website. If you need it I can email it to you just PM me.

Regards,