1/32 Revell Eurofighter

sartois66

Hi everyone, this is going to be Revell's lovely kit with the seat belts, interior and exterior Eduard etch, Aires wheel wells and exhaust, Two Mikes APU exhaust and intake covers, 4+ Decals and SAC undercarriage. It sounds like alot of aftermarket stuff now that I've written it down, but I'll be trying a bit of extra detailing myself, re-doing the integral steps storage area, the maintenance panel and spruce up the cockpit area. A couple of pics before I start.

Kit contents

001.jpg

Some of the other bits

002.jpg

Cheers

Kirk

Have had a bit of a marthon modelling session yesterday/this morning and have started to add detail to the rear canopy area and back of the cockpit -

006.jpg

Have cut away sections and added detail in the rudder pedal area and made up the seat ready to paint -

005.jpg

Have to admit I'm in two minds at the moment whether to use the Eduard colour etch, or paint the kit parts in the cockpit area, as I don't know if I can match the colour they have used on the consoles and IP ....hmm

Cheers

Kirk

Have been busy opening up the grill areas. Done the main ones on the fusalage halfs and have just done the other smaller ones on these two parts for just above the engine intakes. Here is a before and after shot of them -

007.jpg

Cheers

Kirk

Latest update -

Have decided to use the Eduard colour etch so have prepped the kit parts and painted them as close as I could to match, using the colours in the pic plus white -

002-1.jpg

Seat and rear of cockpit undercoated ready for detail painting and etch -

003.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Kirk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Will, it's certainly going to be tight! Have managed to get some done at last, steps area done, airbrake and spine area faired in, fin on, fuselage together, wheel bays basic colours painted and fitted, wings on, resin exhaust cleaned up and ready for paint. A couple of pics for your entertainment...

Typhoon3.jpg

Typhoon1.jpg

Cheers

Kirk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Iain and co., well this hasn't progressed quite as quickly as I had hoped unfortunately. Oh well, will carry on in the aircraft WIP section. Well done to everyone else who did manage to finish, some great models of refreshingly different subjects. Here is a pic of where I am at the moment.

100_1872.jpg

Thanks everyone for watching, see you soon :thumbsup:

Kirk