Action Man in Afghanistan

Another dolly!

This time, I've gone for something a little different.

In honour of our boys out in Afghanistan, I'm going to kitbash a current British soldier based out there. Not sure of the regiment yet. Maybe the Grenadier Guards, or Blues and Royals, but it will sit nicely with the ceremonial outfits I have of both.

I've chosen a non-Action Man body this time, as you can get them to pose better.

Current DPM gear, Osprey and Camelbak from Barrack Sergeant, L85A2 from Dragon, the body is a BBI G3.5, and the head is a vintage fuzzy Action Man.

Still waiting for his boots, helmet and a bunch of other stuff to arrive.

Enjoy!

_D9O3239.jpg

_D9O3242.jpg

_D9O3245.jpg

_D9O3243.jpg

_D9O3241.jpg

More to follow, and thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Nick

Technically Nick, the desert DPM he's wearing isn't the current camo of choice. We adopted a camo close to my heart a year or so ago now. A company called Crye offered us the Multicam pattern that the US unwisely (IMHO) rejected in favour of ACU... often referred to as "I see you", cos it's rubbish. I'm not sure what Multicam is called in UK service, but the pattern is almost identical to the original MC.

There's nothing wrong with using the desert DPM though, as it was used for years out there, but for bang up to date ops, a lot of the guys now have the MC. There's also a lot of the new front handguards going around for the L85 too. RIS rails & a front grippod, in a dull grey colour. My info is a bit wobbly down to my memory, but HTH :)

Very true Mike, but no one makes the current multicam pattern in 1/6, so we have to limit ourselves to the DPM gear era, and that's also the latest L85 I could get for normal money. A bang up to date version is on sale for about £40, which even by the SAM standard is silly money!

Edited by dylan the rabbit

Wowzer... That's a lorra money for a couple of inches of gun :S Could you scratch up the handguard & save yourself some lolly? Rumour has it you were once a modeller :wicked:

Looks great. Is there anything they don´t make for action man these days?

Still waiting for his boots, helmet and a bunch of other stuff to arrive.

That sounds like a realistic protrayal of the MOD´s logistics :-D

Dylan - what body have you used and how have you fixed the head to it? A nice idea - as you say the originals have limited posing ability (although I was happy enough with it as a 10 year old!!)

Action Man's head is a little big for 1/6 helmets I have found! I tend to resort to a beanie hat or something like that!!

Pat

Those boots look real!!

Paul, they are a real pair of boots. Just a load smaller. Amazing workmanship.

Pat, I used a BBI G3.5 body. The neck post wont fit an AM, but if you pop a washer over the BBI neck post (in this case I used some cut up foam rubber), pop the AM head off it's neck post, and then slip it over the washer, it fits a treat.

The AM heads are a little too big for most 1/6 helmets (especially the EE's), but the fuzzies tend to fit into them. Most Dragon helmets have inserts in them that you can remove anyway.

Edited by dylan the rabbit

'Eee's finished, and he's now a Grenadier Guard.

_D9O9160.jpg

_D9O9172.jpg

_D9O9173.jpg

_D9O9162.jpg

_D9O9169.jpg

_D9O9167.jpg

Bits list:

Body: I G3.5

Head: Vintage Action Man fuzzy

DPM: Barrack Sergeant

Osprey & Camelbak: Barrack Sergeant

Boots: Barrack Sergeant PMC

Helmet, rifle, PRR: Dragon

Kneepads, smoke grenades, scarf, watch & ESS glasses: Unknown

Marlboro packet, mags & shoulder flashes: home made

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Nick

Nice work :thumbsup2:

I did a couple of these 1/6th figures a few years back, the best one was a falklands Para. gets very addictive !

Grahamapple11.jpg

Grahamapple12.jpg

Grahamapple4.jpg

Grahamapple16.jpg

One of the earlier efforts I did, mostly Dragon 1/6th

Rifleman13.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

Para66_3.jpg

Regards

Dan

Edited by Dads203

• 1 month later...