Amaquest 1/48th Klingon Shuttle

Deon

This is a lump of resin with five parts so I should be able to finish this in time. No markings and the instructions say it is brown. Perhaps not the most exciting model ever :)

parts.jpg

i've just had a thought.... Klingon Shuttle in RAE colours? i'm also not sure about the 1/48th bit. A tight fit for a beefy 1/48th Klingon

Edited by Deon

After several hours of sawing and filing - this kit is very poor - engines are not square, body is assymetric - awful.

assembled.jpg

I've done my average best to get it all lined up; filler tomorrow. Im going to try for a burnt steel look to the body underside, as if its been popping in an out of atmospheres and a lightly oxidised steel look to the rest of it.

i'm also not sure about the 1/48th bit. A tight fit for a beefy 1/48th Klingon

Klingons don't mind discomfort. K'Ehleyr (mother of Worf's son) travelled in a photon torpedo tube once. :nerd:

Klingons don't mind discomfort. K'Ehleyr (mother of Worf's son) travelled in a photon torpedo tube once. :nerd:

i remember that well! but it's not much of a shuttle if there's not enough room to swing a targ

Filling's done so will prime and touch up tomorrow. Drilled out the manouvre thrusters, added some texture to the underside of the nose, some sort of ablative coating. It really is a bit rough, terrible straight work. The next pic will be the finish article tomorrow - I hope :)

I might have a mooch around for some klingon figures, if none, then i might pose it in a Tesco's car park or if I do the RAE scheme I'll put it in an airshow setting with chain fence etc.. although that might work for the Klingon scheme too. mmm... A Klingon airshow / museum, with a sign forbidding Tribbles. Anyone know the Klingon for 'Tribbles are not allowed inside this vehicle'? :)

I've not been able to find any refernces for this kit, no idea which series it came from, I certianly don't remember it, but then i don't remember much about anything :(

Edited by Deon

I don't ever recall seeing a Klingon shuttle - I'm guessing it's from Deep Space Nine, which I never really got on with.

There was a TNG episode where the enterpise interned a Klingon shuttle. The Klingon pilot was played by a famous basketball player.

... the Linky doesnt work ...

Bit of a grumpy so-and-so isn't he (interesting site though)? To get at the pic right click on the link, choose "Copy Link Location", paste the address into the address bar of a new tab/window and hit return.

Andy

Edited by It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong

Bit of a grumpy so-and-so isn't he (interesting site though)? To get at the pic right click on the link, choose "Copy Link Location", paste the address into the address bar of a new tab/window and hit return.

Andy

thanks Andy and thankyou again Mish that's a very similar config to my shuttle.