1/32 Revell Puma "Tigermeet"...

Craigievee

Hi guys,

Having just got a hold of this kit from a fellow BM'er I'm desperate to get it started! Unfortunately it came without the box, decals or instructions... :-(

Does any of you kind gents have a copy of the instructions you no longer require or thaat you could scan and send to me? Beer tokens available if you could!

Cheers, Craig.

Jabba, your a top bloke mate! Thanks again!

GForceSS... I hope mine turns out half as good as yours! Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

All I need now is decals and I'm sorted. Anyone know if there's any aftermarket decals available?

Cheers, Craig.

GForceSS... I hope mine turns out half as good as yours! Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Cheers, Craig.

Thanks Craig!

I remember the side windows dont fit at all. They fall straight through. I had to make an entirely new set out of clear styrene. The dashboard in the kit is of an ancient civilian version. I had to scratch build all that new. The rotor blades were the wrong shape and I added a fillet at the base of each to correct the shape. I added the sound padding on the ceiling interior. I use Johnson & Johnson Back Patch backing plastic and painted it. It was a dead perfect match and would work in a 1/32 Huey if I ever build one. I used A mix of decals and printed the Sq. door emblem my printer. Lastely try and find the original Matchbox issue of the kit. By the time Revell was given the molds in the nineties they were shot. with sink marks everywhere, flash and loss of crisp detail. I used a Matchbox kit and a Revell kit just for the update parts like the air filters, IR jammers and sensors. It was kept for its backup parts only as I found the later issue kit really lacking in quality. Good luck

More photos here.

SVSM Contest Page 10

DSCN4349.jpg

Edited by GForceSS

Hi, I've just had a look through my decal stash as I thought I might be able to help but unfortunately I only have the Aerospatiale portion. I think there may be a sheet with IPMS SA decal bank , which I mt bwe able to obtain if you can't find one elsewhere. Have you tried IPMS UK decal bank presuming you are a memeber.

I made mine when the kit was first released with lots of detail on the transmision platfrom but alas it got trashed in a house move! Good luck with your build.

Colin on the Africa Station

Cheers, Craig.

There is one thing that the kit does not provide, and that is the MAWS sensors on the U/C sponsons. It does cater for the front ones under the RWR bullet fairing, but strangly not the rear ones as they were both fitted at the same time.

I've got the old Matchbox kit which I got from ebay for £10!, I was the only bidder and it has been started but I knew that prior hand. You don't see many of these around at all in any scale which is a shame.

Steve.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'm planning on doing a current aircraft in the all over green camo so all I would need is maintainance markings, roundells and codes. Fantasy printshop does generic decal sheets but only in 72nd and 48th scale. Don't suppose anyone knows of anywhere else that does them in 32nd? Also a good source for a walkaround of a current HC.1?

Cheers, Craig.

Edit: suppose that's a whole decal sheet I'm after then! Haha!

Edited by Craigievee

Craig

This is not the site I had when I built mine but there are some really good shots here. I think I used a Tigerwing Tornado data decal sheet I bought out of Hong Kong for most of the generic jack and tie down markings. I made paper patterns for the sponson mounted MAWS units and made them with styrene sheet, Grante Line bolts and a punch die set for the jammer antennas and made a set pretty easily. You can see them below. I may still have the patterns if you need them. Milt

Puma Walkaround

DSCN4350.jpg

Edited by GForceSS