Haris Ali's Airfix 1/72 Swordfish

Hi everyone – I hope that you are well.

Here’s is Haris Ali’s incredible Airfix Swordfish that I had the pleasure of photographing today. Made from the box, this model illustrates not only how talented Haris is, but also how far Airfix have come since their takeover by Hornby! This is a very fine kit, and Haris has more than done justice to it!

The model will be the cover star of the March Military In Scale – I hope you like it, as much as I do!

Spence :D

6679204721_58c8d82882_b.jpg

6679204111_2cb7e1128e_b.jpg

6679203583_c39c647660_b.jpg

6679203021_8fe2e86603_b.jpg

6679202473_d0b8189d34_b.jpg

6679201809_62455d34e8_b.jpg

6679201203_b6a5f84821_b.jpg

• Like 1

Now you have just made me lost for words........ my use of English is not good enough to describe how fantastic that is. :worthy:

An incredible rendering of a classic aircraft. Just beautiful! A stunning display of modelling skills. The Airfix kit has now been added to my wishlist. It looks fantastic.

Cheers,

Bill

Delightful - hard to believe that level of detail is by Airfix and the kit is produced in 1/72 scale. How much would we have paid to see such a kit supplied by Hasegawa/Tamiya I wonder?

Mark

Fantastic.

As it's a fraction of the price of some other Swordfish I'll be buying one.

But, I've never done rigging.

Can anyone suggest a cheap biplane to practice the art on?

Cheers

BB

That is so indescribably lovely,I don't tend to build allied,and certainly not in 1/72 scale,but Im going to buy this kit.See look what you made me do!

Fantastic.

As it's a fraction of the price of some other Swordfish I'll be buying one.

But, I've never done rigging.

Can anyone suggest a cheap biplane to practice the art on?

Cheers

BB

Try the Revell/Matchbox Fury

Trevor

ps what else has Haris accomplished and can we see them PLEASE?

Haris has a magical touch with bi-planes. I thought his 1:32 ones were excellent, but this is outstanding.

Airfix have done a pretty good job too! It's a real pleasure to see them re-establishing the brand values of a world-class producer of model kits.

Regards

Stewart

Hello everyone.

Firstly I'd like to thank Spence for posting the pictures onto the forum.

I visit often but now have finally sorted out my long forgotten password so that I can thank you all for your very kind words. My first temptation when reviewing the kit was to say it's posibly one of their best. I don't think it's quite that but it can't be far off, and it is a beauty - and at such a bargain price. It also went together so easily and no-one should be scared of this biplane from a construction angle. I got it done during my spare time over the Christmas holiday (a record for me) - and it was great fun. I was tempted to fiddle with it and replace some of the oversized smaller parts but it is virtually out of the box to show exactly how good it is. The main area for change was the blue used for the HMS Courageous markings (I feel that the kit decal is too dark) and had to be painted, resulting in fiddling with the white numbers. I always go for the silver options but with other Swordfish kits to follow there are going to be great opportunities for some real weather-beaten camouflaged models. I don't think that this will be the only one I build.

It's refreshing to think that with so much attention being drawn towards the larger scale biplanes (with good reason), our own dear Airfix are doing so much to breath life into such a popular subject that has long needed an update. It was also nice to rediscover smaller scale models again after a very long time.

Best wishes,

Haris