1/32 Revell F-14A

AndyC

Hi Andy, my god she is looking gorgeous :wub: it's hard to believe that is the same kit you started with. I've gone off popcorn, i'm getting too fat, so i'll keep wathching with a sausage sarnie instead lol.

Mick

Hi Andy, my god she is looking gorgeous :wub: it's hard to believe that is the same kit you started with. I've gone off popcorn, i'm getting too fat, so i'll keep wathching with a sausage sarnie instead lol.

Mick

Cheers Mick! Yeah, it's been a bit of a slog but I can see the finishing line now. I'm liking the change to the sausage sarnie :clap2:

Scheme looks great!!

Doing wings separately looks like a very wise choice on this one...

Iain

Thanks Iain. Yeah, separating the wings is totally necessary with a swing-wing a/c - thanks to prior experience with my 1/32 Tiger-striped Tornado in the STGB last year

great work so far Andy!

looking amazing!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks Periklis - 2 coats of Klear on tonight and I'm now starting to think about decals - there is one small issue in that the kit decals are for a low-viz Tomcat and the rescue arrows are just outlines whereas they are solid yellow on the Iranian 'cats. I will have a hunt through the decal stash to see if I can find something suitable or a solid yellow decal as a backing

Hi all

Very much in the home straight now. 75% of the decals are on including the fiddly stuff like the Sidewinder, Sparrow and Phoenix missiles. I've just got a couple of touch-ups to do on the weapons and then they can be mounted.

004-10.jpg

The big tanks have been done and I also managed to get her on her feet tonight - here is a quick sneak preview...

005-4.jpg

I've got the u/c doors to do tomorrow and get the canopy finished. One problem I have yet to resolve is the yellow 'RESCUE' arrow - there aren't any! The Revell kit is for a grey Tomcat and they have low-viz arrows but I need high-viz ones as I mentioned before. I might try and cut out some yellow decal to underlay the existing arrows. I'll have a think.

Anyway, onwards and upwards - thanks for looking again!

Hi all

I went through my meagre selection of 1/32 jets to source the yellow RESCUE arrows but to no avail. So, I got up this morning and decided to cut the arrow out of spare yellow decal and apply it as a backing to the Revell arrow. After some careful measuring (and a couple of aborted attempts) I managed this...

001-6.jpg

So I had two 3-part RESCUE arrows, a yellow tip and body and the Revell decal overlaid. A little concerned whether it would work, I took the plunge and applied them and...BINGO...I was quite pleased with the result

002-8.jpg

003-9.jpg

The second pic shows that I also applied a yellow background to the a/c data panel as this is prominent in photographs of IRIAF Tomcats. All the weapons are glued, the model is currently upside down while the u/c doors' glue dries. Tasks for tonight are paint the arrester hook and the canopy screw-jack and fit the latter with the canopy.

I think the next post will probably be the RFI one but thanks for looking everyone - it's been fun (even though sometimes it didn't look it)