1:48 Tamiya P-51-D

The first job for my helper and I was to remove all the resin parts from the casting blocks.

IMG_0001.jpg

Next we put a bit of paint one them

IMG_0002.jpg

Tomorrow we will detail the side walls and the IP

IMG_0004.jpg

Whilst the paint was drying we sanded the detail from the fuselage halves

IMG_0005.jpg

More from my helper and I tomorrow...

Edited by Mish

How much lasagen do you need to bribe him with Mish?

Two words of warning on the Aries pit - there is no control column, so you need the kit one. Also, the radiator section from the kit cockpit that protrudes from the underside of the fueslage needs grafting on to the Aries bit. Guess who found that out the hard way....

That is one cool looking helper...he's not called Mike per chance? ;):D

Err no, Garfield actually :)

How much lasagen do you need to bribe him with Mish?

I've got him addicted to Laquer thinners :evil_laugh:

Two words of warning on the Aries pit - there is no control column, so you need the kit one. Also, the radiator section from the kit cockpit that protrudes from the underside of the fueslage needs grafting on to the Aries bit. Guess who found that out the hard way....

Thanks I had been forwarned. I too knoticed the lack of a control column even though the instructions show one :angrysoapbox.sml:

Looking good Mish

Remember it`s got to be all your own work the cat cant help.

good luck with the Aries pit its abit tight.

wellzy :headphones:

Edited by wellzy

I wish my cat could help me...haha :)

Still looking great, Mish. A kit (Tam. F-51) kindly given to me by a friend should come in the mail tomorrow so is it alright if I hop in this group build with you guys?

Erik

Hi Guys,

Just a small update, sorry I'm not ready to post an photos yet. but the paint job is progressing. I'm having to send out for more materials today.

I'm only going to get one full day on her this weekend so I doubt if she will be finished for another week yet. I do hope it's worth the wait.

I'm happy to report that so far things are going well.

When I do post I do have a series of in progress photos to prove I haven't 'cheated' :)

Thanks for you patience.