Trumpy 32nd scale D

Cheers buddy, I have been using pictures from airliners.net as reference it seems to have some missiles on the gloves but I don't know what they are.

A picture of your aircraft with Harm missiles is here:

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-agm88.htm

And another picture is here (in the same configuration mentioned by Jabba)

http://www.topedge.com/alley/images/f14d/f14dharm.htm

As the web page says, unfortunately the project did not go ahead.

Edited by Giorgio N

Thanks G, I noticed in those pics that the cat has a big nose probe and the black rear engine fairings, yet the one at the museum has neither, hmmm I dunno now.

Thanks G, I noticed in those pics that the cat has a big nose probe and the black rear engine fairings, yet the one at the museum has neither, hmmm I dunno now.

I could be wrong but I'm sure the long probe was fitted when testing and would have been removed once the testing was complete.

As for the rear engine fairings, I'm sure its just a case of them being painted white for display to look nicer.

Looking really nice so far. Great choice of scheme as well.

Steve

Actually the aircraft at the museum has the exhaust fairings in metallic tones at the top and bottom and on the inside but have a large white fairings on the outer fuselage. At least they were so a couple of years ago..

However I'm not sure this aircraft has the F-110 nozzles at the moment, they loo quite different to me:

P7031776.jpg

P7031775.jpg

Edited by Giorgio N

Actually the aircraft at the museum has the exhaust fairings in metallic tones at the top and bottom and on the inside but have a large white fairings on the outer fuselage. At least they were so a couple of years ago..

However I'm not sure this aircraft has the F-110 nozzles at the moment, they loo quite different to me:

P7031776.jpg

P7031775.jpg

Those look like TF-30 engines to me.

heres the trumpy offerings

2012-03-08205134.jpg

2012-03-08205149.jpg

and heres my reference photo's from airliners.net

0190456.jpg

0194618.jpg

0461310.jpg

0698199.jpg

so im guessing the museum jet has the old engines and i have the new ones either that or trumpy really haddocked them up. i think ill stick with my white fairings and just leave the cans engine coloured

Jabba is right I think: the museum aircraft looks to have been "retrofitted" with TF-30 exhausts, and I'm not sure all the fairings have been restored correctly. The trumpeter kit has the right exhausts for when the aircraft was flying, so you're right in using those. They look good from here, no big mistake from trumpeter on these !

I'm now curious to find out what happened to this aircraft engines: were the TF-30 retrofitted only for exhibtion purpose ? This is the most likely explanation

• 2 weeks later...

Right then I got a bit fed up of this project and thus my attention has been diverted elsewhere, but whilst the milliput sets on my FW-190 i decided to get on and do some more.

so i masked the leading edges

2012-03-20184113.jpg

then Painted them, now awaiting masking ready for the blue stripe

2012-03-20193732.jpg

also got the burner cans base coated in flat black.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the whole thread...man o man this one is going to stick out like a soar thumb from all your other models. Very nice work.

As for the engines on the Super Cat, I think all of the engines from D models were stripped down and given to USAF for their F-16.

Mike