Trumpy 32nd scale D

Nice job with the stripes ! Personally I think I'd have chickened out and using decal strips, I'd have never done a job as good as yours.

I thought id make a mess of it as well, it may not be 100% accurate but i think it looks the part tho :wub:

Right then, Been playing with my new plotter and have cut out some vinyl masks for some of the markings.

2012-02-11195721.jpg

2012-02-11195736.jpg

2012-02-11195748.jpg

Also got all the gear bay doors primed and glossed ready to mask and spray the interior faces tomorrow, gear just needs weathering a little. And then its time for the fiddly bits, pitots, Alpha probes ect ect.

Only two missiles on the prototype pics i have, but i feel like mounting the fuel tanks on the nacelle pylons just because i can :tease:

Hi Giorgio nice to see somebody is taking notice of my thread lol.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170775338307?ssP...984.m1423.l2649 is the plotter i have.

2012-02-14211039.jpg

as you can see its quite a beast thats a 1/48 meteor behind it. It cost about the same as the smaller craft style plotters but is alot more flexible size wise.

any questions drop me a pm ill gladly cut things out if you are prepared to do the art work, maybe we could start an artwork library or something

im still working on the artwork for my stars and bars masks.

And now for todays update pics

2012-02-14210924.jpg

2012-02-14210937.jpg

2012-02-14210949.jpg

the wheels are wheeliant by aires a mahoosive improvement over the standard fayre. i used vallejo liquid gold (silver) on the shock tubes a good rival to alclad i think without the faff.

Nice progress !

What software do you use for the artwork to use on the plotter ? I have some stuff in coreldraw 13 format that can be useful for US navy subjects, as the star'n bar and the standard USN lettering. I have made this in the past because I have printed several decals at home, if they can work on the plotter I'm happy to pass them on to you.

Nice progress !

What software do you use for the artwork to use on the plotter ? I have some stuff in coreldraw 13 format that can be useful for US navy subjects, as the star'n bar and the standard USN lettering. I have made this in the past because I have printed several decals at home, if they can work on the plotter I'm happy to pass them on to you.

at the moment im using inkscape a free software its pretty good, i import a .jpg or .bmp and trace the bit map then clean up the paths (that time consuming bit ) they then need to be converted to .eps for the plotting software.

if your files are .cdt i should be able to use them.

cheers Tom

Hey Tom, not ignoring this thread, just haven't posted much! That is one very smart looking Tomcat! From the scheme to the Good Year tyres (ok, Michelins on the nose gear!) Very smart indeed!!

Edited by Busdriver

Hey Tom, not ignoring this thread, just haven't posted much! That is one very smart looking Tomcat! From the scheme to the Good Year tyres (ok, Michelins on the nose gear!) Very smart indeed!!

Cheers buddy, im guessing the mix of brands is right as thats what came, i painted them black as the planes a museum exhibit and they seem to have the tyres blacked up in my experience. they still need the blemishes fixing tho.

glad you like it

Looks really good. You know what you need to really set it off?......A nice production D in nice bright CAG colours to fend off those pesky Hornets! Hats off for doing this aircraft, it really looks the

part.

Joel

at the moment im using inkscape a free software its pretty good, i import a .jpg or .bmp and trace the bit map then clean up the paths (that time consuming bit ) they then need to be converted to .eps for the plotting software.

if your files are .cdt i should be able to use them.

cheers Tom

I've used Inkscape myself in the past, and some of the artwork I have was actually done with this software. Will collect some stuff and PM you !

• 3 weeks later...

Right then after a bit of a break from WHITE :suicide: I have got the Tomcat down off the wardrobe today and done a few more bits to it.

2012-03-04181338.jpg

Got the green tint on the windsheild done, Seats fitted, drop tanks on, and started adding some decals.

2012-03-04181318.jpg

2012-03-04182744.jpg

2012-03-04182804.jpg

Also polished a scratch out of the canopy, and carefully cleaned off a bit of overspray.

Just got the leading edges and the exhausts to finish up, then the lil pitots and AOA probes to add, #oh and some fod covers.

Who reckons i should bung some bombs on it????

There is a photo in the Grumman F-14 Tomcat shipborne superfighter book by Aerospace Publishing that shows the "Super" Tomcat carrying 4 1000Lb Mk83 bombs under the fuselage, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders and what looks like 2 HARM missiles on the wing pylons.

Edited by Jabba