Aviation Museum Guide website

SimonR

It's nice to have an updated listing - thanks.

With regard to the Kent Battle of Britain Museum at Hawkinge, it might be worth noting that the prices on their web site differ from those on the guide (they've put them up). Not a museum for me sadly, following the negative publicity they generated through allegations of damaging a visitors personal property a couple of years ago. Well covered on the net at the time. Horses for courses and all that.

:)

Thanks guys, Sorry for late reply, recovering from a marathon day of train travel yesterday following my football team!

I'm hoping to add a new photo every week to the homepage, so if you guys have any museum photos and are happy to let me use them on the homepage that would be great - or can I grab something from your uploads on here? Also any decent photos of Hendon would be useful as the BOB Hall was shut on my visit.

Glad the site is useful, I work as a graphic/web designer so my interest in aviation & design came together and I set the site up a few years ago, trying to visit as many Museums as poss as and when I get the chance - my missus doesn't mind too much, keeps the boys out of her way!.

Cheers

Simon

Really good site Simon, I can see my weekends vanishing before my eyes.

Wondered if you'd consider adding this one to the East of England as it's next to our offices;

http://www.mhas.org.uk/museum/index.html

Not the biggest museum in the world and most of the field is under BT's labs and industrial estate but a section of runway exists in front of the Douglas Bader pub.

Cheers

Jon

Really good site Simon, I can see my weekends vanishing before my eyes.

Wondered if you'd consider adding this one to the East of England as it's next to our offices;

http://www.mhas.org.uk/museum/index.html

Not the biggest museum in the world and most of the field is under BT's labs and industrial estate but a section of runway exists in front of the Douglas Bader pub.

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks, i'll add this as soon as I get a moment - wont be the smallest one on the site, the RAF Museum at Blickling in Norfolk is tiny!!

If anybody else knows of a museum not listed please let me know.

Cheers

Simon

It's nice to have an updated listing - thanks.

With regard to the Kent Battle of Britain Museum at Hawkinge, it might be worth noting that the prices on their web site differ from those on the guide (they've put them up). Not a museum for me sadly, following the negative publicity they generated through allegations of damaging a visitors personal property a couple of years ago. Well covered on the net at the time. Horses for courses and all that.

:)

Thanks for that, i'll check this one out. Not aware of the bad publicity though!

cheers

Si

Edited by SimonR

Excellent - always trying to find places to stop off on my travels across England

I have some of Hendon - anything in particular you are interested in.

Thanks, hope the site is useful!

On my visit the BoB hall was shut & I really struggled with the light as I didn't have a tripod, so a few general shots of random exhibits would be useful if you have anything I cold add to the feature or use on the homepage!

Cheers

Si

Edited by SimonR

Hi Jon, thanks, i'll add this as soon as I get a moment - wont be the smallest one on the site, the RAF Museum at Blickling in Norfolk is tiny!!

If anybody else knows of a museum not listed please let me know.

Cheers

Simon

Now you come to mention it.....

another one just down the road from me;

http://www.493bgdebach.co.uk/index.php

Cheers

Jon

Hi Simon, I think the look and feel is great, the site is easy to navigate and a treasure trove of information. I noticed some of the links to external sites are broken, is this down to the work in progress of the site?

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback Lightning!

I need to go through and check all the external links on the listings, I guess some may be out of date, its bit of a job. Were there any specific ones that stand out??

Cheers

Si