1:72 Merlin engined Halifax corrections

FZ6

Graham

I have done the small intake in metal as well. I haven't attempted the over wing fairings as again this was taking the work a stage too far for what I set out to do, which was to come up with a replacement set which did not require a great deal of expertise to do, and keep within certain cost limits. I may look at this area later but I am way behind with this and other projects due to setbacks this year. However I am able to use my traditional moulding techniques again. Spares dried up over the last few years causing me to develop newer more involved methods. However I have just aquired a large cache of the old equipment which was found in the back of a warehouse, for a song.

John

Thanks John, I was assuming replacing the entire nacelle, including the part over the wing on both kits. Thanks to other producers, the undercarriage legs are available so I don't see those as a priority. What does open a little query is that you don't mention the smaller air inlets which are so unsatisfactory on both kits.

Edited by John Aero

Excellent news on the Halifax correction front John. I've held off building mine for this news. I'm now really looking forward to getting on with it as soon as possible.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of the Morris and the Gallay corrections obtained at SMW 2012 and most impressive they look too.

I was also fortunate enough to get a briefing with Honeybee by John on the said parts in the bar at Telford on the Friday night!

Will any of these corrections be available for overseas purchase? This old colonial would be interested.

Chris

I don't see why not.

John doesn't run his website anymore so I would suggest either writing to the Aeroclub address or pm John. If you do pm him have patience as he gets a lot of messages everyday.

I don't see why not.

John doesn't run his website anymore so I would suggest either writing to the Aeroclub address or pm John. If you do pm him have patience as he gets a lot of messages everyday.

Thanks

The Halifax correction sets will be available as soon as I can run off some more plastic. What few I could get done for Telford sold out by 9 o-clock on the saturday morning and one of my helpers mistakenly sold my pre-orders as well, including my demo set which Hurrinut saw. I will post photos when I have time. The nacelles, spinners, props and mainwheels are injection moulded and either a set of Gallay or Morris resin radiators make up a set. I will have the Saxophone exhausts and carb intakes in white metal available as soon as I can make up enough production moulds. Don't worry there'll be enough to go round. The current price is £12.50

I'm having a few days off as I was working till after mid-night most days in the run-up to Telford and we've just had Rowan and Sabine of Pheon staying with us for a couple of days.

John

Hello John: I turned down a set of the white metal because I didn't need the 3-blade props, but that was silly for those carb intakes are needed anyway. If you are making those available separately I'd like to buy three sets. That's just an early marker for there's no likelihood of them being needed before the new year!

The Halifax correction sets will be available as soon as I can run off some more plastic. What few I could get done for Telford sold out by 9 o-clock on the saturday morning and one of my helpers mistakenly sold my pre-orders as well, including my demo set which Hurrinut saw. I will post photos when I have time. The nacelles, spinners, props and mainwheels are injection moulded and either a set of Gallay or Morris resin radiators make up a set. I will have the Saxophone exhausts and carb intakes in white metal available as soon as I can make up enough production moulds. Don't worry there'll be enough to go round. The current price is £12.50

I'm having a few days off as I was working till after mid-night most days in the run-up to Telford and we've just had Rowan and Sabine of Pheon staying with us for a couple of days.

John

Please, take your time. I'm in no hurry. I was just curious if they would be available in the future and overseas. We've all waited decades for a decent Merlin Halifax. We can all wait a bit longer. No need to stress yourself.

Chris

• 4 years later...
On 30/12/2016 at 9:53 PM, woody37 said:

Did you finish this Mark? Enjoyed going back through it, Just noticed how you did the ailerons, could of done with noticing sooner!

Its still on the shelf of doom Neil, I need to get it finished off at some point. I was adding some interior structural detail to the interior near the access door and once I complete that I can crack on with it again. I was pleased with how the Aileron solution worked out.

regards,

Mark

• Like 1