Mosquito Single Type Group Build

Welcome aboard guy`s,Here`s list of those interested.

Wellzy...Host

Rob ....Co- host

Mish

Paul J

Peter W

Andy C

Vulcanicicty

Mikkel

Alpha Delta210

Wally 7506

alex

Kallist

Stevehnz

Arniec

Shar 2

Killa

Wez

Basosz

Nomad

Harry Lime

Roland Pulfrew

PHIL B

racedees

John T

Jb65rams

Nomad

Deon

Thats it so far Im sure that there will be more ,if I have got your name wrong please let me know.

Mish is sorting a new date for the start, Thanks Mish.

wellzy :headphones:

Edited by wellzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
when are we going to start? a little confused with the dates :)

Hi Mikkel ,

Sorry for the confuseion ,kick off`s 1st Decemder 20012 ill run till 26th May 2013

I never normally build WW2 stuff but I've got a real soft spot for the mossie so count me in!

I'm going to ba a pain though and ask what the best 1/48 kit would be for an OOB build? I know that's going to be a very subjective question BUT I'm not fussy about the mark too much I would just like the 'best' all round kit, that won't break the bank! Not too much to ask right....

Phil

Hi Phil and welcome

I would say Tamiya is your best bet in 1/48 but Revell did bring one out and that did get good reviews ,

so you pay your money and make your choice.

I've got a pair of dear old Airfix 1/72s and some markings for 23 Squadron NF.II and FB.VI in both Malta and Italy... I feel a little return to my youth coming on!

Hi Phil and welcome

I would say Tamiya is your best bet in 1/48 but Revell did bring one out and that did get good reviews ,

so you pay your money and make your choice.

Thanks,

Always safe to assume Tamiya is good, but then I've got their SHAR...

Got plenty of time to keep my eyes open for a good deal!

Phil

The Tamiya kit is the way to go in 1:48 and 1:72. The only problem with the Tamiya kit is that the tailfin and rudder is about 3 mms too tall in 1:48. It is hard work trying to fix, and is not something that immediately jumps out at you. The only benefit of the Revell kit that I can see is that the flaps are separate if you're inclined to drop them, and that has shape errors of it's own: The bulbuous spinners really jump out, and the aircraft sits too low on the undercarriage, and to compensate, Revell made the wheels too big. If Revell had made a decent stab at a two-stage Merlin variant instead of going head-to-head with Tamiya, then that would have been a useful source for engines, but as it is now, it really is no better than the Tamiya kit - and a poorer representation of the Mossie.

Jens

Maybe up for this one,although i don't think they'll meet GB rules as they are more than 25% done.

But the GB may give me the inspiration to finish off the triple Mossie project thats been gathering dust for atleast 5 years.

So i'll be hopefully finishing three 618Sqn aircraft in 1/48.

618Sqn Narromine NSW 1945

B.IV(Special) Highball

FB.VI

PR.XVI

All Tamiya kits with Eduard zoom PE,UltraCast,CMK,Paragon resin goodies.

Hi

Put me down for this one as the dates have moved which suits me just fine.

I think a 109 Sqn a/c as i have got all the kits in 48th for the mks they used.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Is it ok if I play out??

As my grandad was an engineer at De Havilland, I reckon I will build one of these in memory of him..

Probably a 1/48 Tamiya kit (still trying to keep things as simple as possible) with markings to be decided..

All the best

Tuco

I MAY be in for this one, all depending on how I am going on the course I am scheduled to be on during the period. If I am in, I'll be doing a Tamiya bomber version, most likely in a SEA camo scheme. I have all the aftermarket I need to do it (seats, exhausts, wheels and door) in the stash already, and had been looking for a reason to do it.....this may just be it?

I MAY be in for this one, all depending on how I am going on the course I am scheduled to be on during the period. If I am in, I'll be doing a Tamiya bomber version, most likely in a SEA camo scheme. I have all the aftermarket I need to do it (seats, exhausts, wheels and door) in the stash already, and had been looking for a reason to do it.....this may just be it?

Welcome Kev look forward to your build

• 3 weeks later...
Count me in on this one please, I plan to build the prototype and one service machine to 1/72 scale.

David.

Nice one David and welcome

Look forward to your build