Mosquito Single Type Group Build

Nice one Mish :thumbsup:

I'm in with a 1/48 TIII - probably RR299 in its final 1996 scheme with D-Day stripes.

My uncle started his De Havilland apprencticeship working on Mossies and retired from BAe at Hatfield in the early 1980s. I have fond memories of Hatfield's family days where I saw RR299 flying. I'll also never forget seeing it in formation with Comet G-ACSS although I think that was at Old Warden.

How about a DH group build in future?

Phil

Just a quick heads up to all Wooden Wonder fans ITV4-HD at 6pm today 633 Squadron!!!

Still making my mind up about which one to do, but i've an idea or two...

Edited by rob

Revell 1:48 B Mk IV - no idea what markings, will work that out later.

Wheels up to avoid the problems with the undercarriage on that kit, just need to find 2 pilot figures that will fit!

Mish

I have a long term plan to do modify a 1/32 Revell into an Oboe BIX with some Paragon resin which I could bring forward to fit in as all I really need is the willpower and incentive if thats ok?

Can't guarantee it will get finished or even be any good but the spirit is willing!!

JohnT

Mish, thanks for letting me co-host (I'm wondering what i've let myself in for! ;) ) just a quick question I have a 24th Mossie which I started

just cockpit and engines, with basic paint on them, could I use that one? or should I start one of my new untouched 24th Mossies?

Regards Rob...

Rob, you can use your stated Mosquito as it's under the normally accepted 25% rule, anyway you are the co-host :) That way you could send me one of the 1:24 mosquitoes to build and enter with :D

Thanks Mish!! unfortunately the two spare 24th Mossies are in the hanger for future builds.... good try though :D

I'm in. But I recall showing interest when the idea was first suggested so look forward to this.

Note to self:....Must resist getting involved in so many GBs!!

When: 26th May 2012 to 28th October 2012

Hosts: Wellzy and Rob

Hi All would any body have any objections to have this Group Build being move to the end of 2012 ,As the USAAF ETO 1942-1945 Commemorative G/B

is running from July to October and I have pormised to co-host with Obi-jiff Kenobi,and would not be able to work on the two and give all to both.

Hope you under stand this cheers Les (wellzy :headphones: )

Edited by wellzy

More time to prepare and research ?

I'm ok with that as I have just discovered how much I thought I knew from the several books that I have and how little I actually know !

A "situation normal" with me for most things sadly !!

I've no objections, I suppose it gives me even more time to find more resin to pack into this monster, and to buy some white metal undercarriage legs to take the weight.

Regards Rob..

Put me in for the end of the year as wel. I will be doing a 1/48 Airfix NF 30 nightfighter in Israeli colours.(Again) and maybee a B mk XVI/PR XVI also from Airfix (again in Israeli colours). :D