1/32 P-51B Bald Eagle 361st Fighter Group

With my first entry almost finished (Big Beautiful Doll), I will enter my second build.

It is the Trumpeter 1/32 P-51B with some aftermarket parts :D

She will finished as Bald Eagle flown by Lt Robert T Eckfeldt from the 374th Fighter Squadron, 361st Fighter Group The Yellow Jackets

As there are no decals available for this scheme in 1/32 scale I have been in touch with Mal from Miracle Masks and he will be producing the masks for the aircraft

Here is a photo of the actual aircraft taken from Little Friends

b7-e.jpg

This one is taken from Wings Palette

3_96.jpg

Box top and sprue shots

DSCF4404.jpg

DSCF4405.jpg

DSCF4406.jpg

DSCF4408.jpg

DSCF4409.jpg

These are the aftermarket parts I have for this kit

DSCF4411.jpg

DSCF4414.jpg

Should be able to make a start on this sometime over the weekend

Edited by Mike Mcellaney

How do the two kit compare at first sight?

Hi Don

Not to bad at first look, the rivet demon has been kept at bay :D and they are on the fine side for Trumpeter

Cockpit detail is compared to the Tamiya one, bad and will need that resin replacement

Clear parts look good, and they also give you a Malcolm Hood

Normal complaint from me is rubber tyres got resin replacements from GMA (they are not in the photo as I have put them some where safe all I need to do is remember where I put them lol)

Hi Don

Normal complaint from me is rubber tyres got resin replacements from GMA (they are not in the photo as I have put them some where safe all I need to do is remember where I put them lol)

Yes, I agree, rubber tyres are awful. They always look toy-like to me. Good luck hunting for the replacements! :)

• 1 year later...