FAD F-51D

• 2 months later...

Is the GB allready over? :(

well, thats very sad indeed, is it possible to keep posting progress here or what?

I've removed all the paint on this sucker and is going to build this one instead:

untitled-1.png

nice and cool Salvadoran P-51D :)

I think the green looked Good against the photo, bearing in mind the probable age of the picture. The FAS one looks even more harder to try and match as the photo colours look 'washed out'.

Pssst! Mikkel! Great pic, but should let you know I got a spank from the mods on another forum for (accidentally) posting an airliners.net image -they can be twitchy about copyright. Just in case is all, Sir. :ike:

I have a P-51D Mustang kit from Italeri, and noticed that one of the color schemes (Royal Air Force, Sqdn. 65, April 1945 it says) has a green color explained as "pale green + flat white" (1716 modelmaster/FS 34227 + 1768 modelmaster/FS 37875). I imagine that this green color will be brighter than OP's one.

Edited by Decoman

Thanks for replies guys :)

FalkeEins, The Aztec decals you send a link for where "only" Salvadoran or Dominican markings that dosen't includes the markings I'm looking for :) but it only had tail numbers (thank god for lazy Dominicans :D)

BrandX, problem solved :)

Thank you very much Decoman, it gives me a clue what colours to use!!

I hope to paint the green to morrow then ;)