Newbie with a Eduard FW190 D9...

Smithfire

Hi all

Just got back into modelling after a couple of years. I'll get about one 3 hour session a week at the moment due to family, but at least I'll be focused!!

Bought a 1/48 FW190 D9 from Eduard via Amazon, and got stuck in last night. First impressions are very good but not Tamiya like perfection. Guess this will become clearer as the build develops?.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on here had built this kit and could warn me of any impending disaster areas etc?

Thanks very much

Clive

Take your time with the engine.... it's a nightmare and has to be built so that you can fix the cowling's. a case of why use 1 piece when you can use 10.

Looks the part though.

HTH

Hello Clive and welcome!!

Here is a link to my recent build:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...c=78353&hl=

And my mate Tank 152 is also close to finishing one here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80187

Not sure what Tamiya perfection is as the Eduard version doesn't have as many accuracy issues and is beautifully detailed in my opinion. It goes together without dramas if you take your time. If you are building it closed up then care needs to be taken with the gun covers and I would recommend attaching the upper wings to the fuselage to get everything lined up. Feel free to contact me via pm or the forum if you need any help.

All the best

Howard

Hi all

Just got back into modelling after a couple of years. I'll get about one 3 hour session a week at the moment due to family, but at least I'll be focused!!

Bought a 1/48 FW190 D9 from Eduard via Amazon, and got stuck in last night. First impressions are very good but not Tamiya like perfection. Guess this will become clearer as the build develops?.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on here had built this kit and could warn me of any impending disaster areas etc?

Thanks very much

Clive

The Eduard Dora is far better, you chose right. As has been said faults with the Tamiya kit include the wheelwells, the U/C legs are to short, the wheels to small, the wrong type of wings the top cowl gun cover is not right either, it has to much of a pronounced hump.

Faults with the Eduard Dora are the slightly fat tail, the Blown type canopy isn't really blown enough! Also I think there is some minor fault on the under side ahead of the wheelwells.

I've about finished mine and like Howard's mine has gone together well, I certainly wouldn't be put of with all the talk of how difficult they are to build. I've a few more to build yet and looking forward to it as well.

Feel free to ask if you come to any problems.

Take your time with the engine.... it's a nightmare and has to be built so that you can fix the cowling's. a case of why use 1 piece when you can use 10.

Looks the part though.

HTH

You don't get an engine with the Dora, thats the "A" series of kits your thinking of.