Airbus 319, British Airways

martin77

Thanks everyone. Not sure whats next?

I've always liked the 737 and 757. And i do like all the airbus's so we'll see over the next few weeks.

Nice result, I see you've done a job of weathering but I reckon you've ended up concentrating on the wrong bits. Broad, blackened fuselage panel lines like that are very unusual (despite the various debates about it) whereas weathering around the flap tracks and fairings, APU access and flying surfaces is quite pronounced.

On that score, I really like the way you've finished the wings! :thumbsup2:

But it's not my opinion that matters, it's yours. And if you're happy, brilliant and well done :D

Al

Thats very nice! How did you do the weathering/panel lines?

cheers buddy.

For the panel lines i just used 'Pro modellers' Dark dirt that i always use on my military stuff. Not sure if i like it on an airliner??

And for the staining on the tail and around the door bottoms i used grey and brown pastels.

I might go along with the opinion about the fuselage panel lines but only up to a point; airbus fins tho' seem very prone to looking just as modelled, as do the wing root fairings

I'd still give big credit to Martin for doing it, especially since so few other airliner modellers do

I might go along with the opinion about the fuselage panel lines but only up to a point; airbus fins tho' seem very prone to looking just as modelled, as do the wing root fairings

I'd still give big credit to Martin for doing it, especially since so few other airliner modellers do

Well to be honest, the stuff i usually build ( modern military) i always use a darkish wash, so i thought i'd do the same here.

Now i did look at alot of photos of airliners and i do admit the wash i have given the model does exaggerate the panel lines and is a tad too dark.

A lesson learn't you might say.

Its suprising how different modelling an airliner is to maybe an F-16, or Tornado.

I'm planning a A340 for my next airliner and maybe i'll leave the panel linjes or try a lighter wash, who knows.

saying all that though i'm still happy with my A319 and i know they do get dirty and thats what i was aiming for, but thanks everyone, im taking it all in, hopefully my next one will be better.

Martin, that's a great looking Airbus A319! The weathering is a moot point as the aircraft's appearance can change so dramatically during the course of service in between cleaning. You have depicted an aircraft that I have actually seen! Our own (easyJet) Airbuses range from pristine to downright ugly! And at that point I'm tempted to make a sexist comment about our cabin crew... But I shall refrain!

Anyway, great job of a really very nice kit and let's see the A340! Any ideas about livery yet? How about converting it to the the only A340-8000? Or this one? Owned by a certain Mr. Abramovich...

800px-Bourkhan_Airbus_A340-313X_Roman_Abramovich_Nussbaumer.jpg

Edited by Busdriver

Anyway, great job of a really very nice kit and let's see the A340! Any ideas about livery yet? How about converting it to the the only A340-8000? Or this one? Owned by a certain Mr. Abramovich...

800px-Bourkhan_Airbus_A340-313X_Roman_Abramovich_Nussbaumer.jpg

That looks very '80s. Does it come with shoulder pads and a crap synthesiser soudtrack?

It's often said that fuselage panel lines arent as visible as you made them, and it's true, but as I said, only up to a point.

Look through some of the pics of Pan Am 747's on airliners net and elsewhere....very visible panels and in some cases, very dirty overall.

It's then a question of scale - how visible would such grime be at 1/144?

My answer is; do your grime in 1/144 scale - sounds a bit obvious I know, but it is still there.

One solution, and I've done this myself, is to carefully re-scribe any panel lines you want (after smoothing the model obviously) after it is painted and decalled....then run your finger over the rescribed lines....

it's amazing hopw dirty your finger can be but it highlights the panel lines very effectively

hth

It's often said that fuselage panel lines arent as visible as you made them, and it's true, but as I said, only up to a point.

Look through some of the pics of Pan Am 747's on airliners net and elsewhere....very visible panels and in some cases, very dirty overall.

It's then a question of scale - how visible would such grime be at 1/144?

My answer is; do your grime in 1/144 scale - sounds a bit obvious I know, but it is still there.

One solution, and I've done this myself, is to carefully re-scribe any panel lines you want (after smoothing the model obviously) after it is painted and decalled....then run your finger over the rescribed lines....

it's amazing hopw dirty your finger can be but it highlights the panel lines very effectively

hth

Cheers kev. I might try that on my next one an A340-300.