Mike's 2011 Output

Mike

First up this side of last New Year's Eve was the Global Hawk from Skunkmodels in 1:48... man that wingspan is immense! :lol:

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

Then it was off to Germany for the Great Wall Hobby Fw.189 in 1:48:

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

Then it was a first for me... a resin kit! :unsure: The new(ish) AlleyCat Shorts Tuncano T.1 in 1:48, which made the hallowed cover of MIS later in the year:

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

complete7.jpg

Next was the Heritage Chipmunk in 1:48 again, and again in resin... :

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished5.jpg

Yet MORE resin from Heritage - their new Supermarine 224, the father (in some ways) of the Spitfire, and my first Natural Metal finish:

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

And finally (so far this year), the new Cyberhobby Neubaufahrzeug, which for a tank that was only ever built 6 times by the Germans, now has three separate kits of it from which to choose from :hmmm:

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

Whether I'll finish anything else this year is anyone's guess... it certainly won't be the 1:48 Wellesley I'm struggling manfully with at present :santa:

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I suppose I could probably finish one more by the end of the year if I put my mind to it. The USS Independence just need some PE fixing and unbending (I dropped summit on it), and a few figures painted for the rear deck. Can I be bothered? Maybe? Perhaps an entry in the KUTA IV? :hmmm:

Fantastic work

Love them all

Will be ordering a Heritage Chipmunk (why is there no mainstream kit of this wonderful aircraft)

and as for your rendering of the 224 well that's just outstanding i love it and will obtain one as fast as resources allow

hope santa rewards you Mike

cheers

Norm

Great builds Mike, and well photographed as well. I would be happy if all my kits turned out that good. Unfortunately due to a few house moves this year, my output has been a big fat Zero :( Looking forward to what you do next year

Merry Xmas to you and your family

Bruce