RAF Search and Rescue Sea King

Well lets have a go at building this Airfix 1/72 Sea King

Here are the parts, hopefully by skipping between the instructions I should be able to get it built fairly quick

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

After a bit of work the rear tail rotor is built, the main gear pods are built and I have made a start putting the cockpit together, hopefully tomorrow I can get the main rotor put together and put some paint on the interior..... if i can sand off all the flash on this mold.

IMG_1118.jpg

That's that for now thank you for looking

Cheers

Graham

the airfix kit isnt the hardest built in the world, so with a bit of luck...ok a *LOT* of luck, I'll have a RN rescue bird to go alongside :)

This is going together fairly quickly, once closed up there is not a lot to see inside so I have left it as it came with the exception of adding some seat cushions made from the cardboard egg boxes and roughly painted green and dark washed. Then it was time to close it up and see how it well it all fits together..Here are the pics

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1134-1.jpg

Thats all for now, hopefully get the intake and the main wheels on tomorrow and start to tidy up the gaps.

Cheers for looking

Graham

Edited by Graham77

Done quite a bit of building on this bird, with no extra stuff inside in order to assist getting it finished and now it is nearly ready for filler and then a sand and prime to see what else needs fixing before the yellow spray paint comes out. Straight OOB so not a lot more to add, here are the pics

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

The bird is primed in grey and the first of the cleaning up has begun before another coat of grey adn then prime it in white ready for the yellow, hopefully by Friday (else there is no chance of finishing by saturday night)

IMG_1143.jpg

Tail rotor is nearly finished

IMG_1147.jpg

the rest of the parts are primed or painted so once the body is done fingers crossed it should come together in record time

Thanks for looking and any comments or theories on slowing down time will be greatly received

Cheers

Graham

Thanks for the willing, white went off ok and a night of masking the areas that are not gloss yellow has been completed and the first coat of yellow is now on. Hopefully by the morning i'll get an idea of whether another coat is needed. Mother in law arrives later today and although that may strike the fear of god into most men, mine is really good and will insist on looking after our little boy and letting me do some modelling on Saturday so if i can get all the painting done tomorrow (main rotor blades and the extra bits like aerials etc then this one has a fighting chance of making it to the gallery as well (HH 65 is nearly there too touch up paint and aerials to attach, but sadly not enough time to build the winch, but it will be built asap)

Fingers Crossed, now off for some sleep

Graham

With just 24hrs (of which I think at least 6 of them will be taken by sleep and 6 by new years eve party) I have just the decals to go on the sea king and then put it all together.

At the start of the evening we had

IMG_1148.jpg

After the tape was removed and a bit of black painted we had this

IMG_1149-1.jpg

And a quick test fit with the rotors shows how close this is to finishing, now to leave it to dry for a few hours before decalling

IMG_1150-1.jpg

Fingers crossed

Graham