1/72 Academy F-51D "Korean War"

A small update with this one . Cockpit painted and fitted and fuselage glued up. A little filler is needed. Jeep has been started.

DSCF8402.jpg

DSCF8404.jpg

DSCF8406.jpg

DSCF8405.jpg

Now need to look for a base for this dio. May add an ambulance to it,but not sure yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Due to holiday and illness I havent touched this for awhile. So a small update,the last part arrived a few days ago

DSCF8519.jpg

and there is plenty og parts in this one too. Sprayed the fuselage in vallejo 057 before I carry on.

DSCF8520.jpg

DSCF8526.jpg

DSCF8527.jpg

Cheers for looking..

Tony..

Picked the base up this afternoon. Primed it tonight with some light grey and flash over with some yellow.

DSCF8559.jpg

Close up of the base.

DSCF8560.jpg

Masked the canopy off then over sprayed with black all over fuselage. Then sprayed the first coat of silver.

DSCF8563.jpg

DSCF8564.jpg

Tony..

• 3 weeks later...

Stalled on this for awhile to sort a few things out. This how it has progressed tonight. Exhausts to painted and fitted,front canopy needs touching up and prop to be fitted.

DSCF8746.jpg

DSCF8747.jpg

DSCF8748.jpg

DSCF8750.jpg

Hope you like it and all comments most welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

First, that looks amazing!

Where...did...you...get...that...base?! I've been on google for about an hour looking for something like that! I'm hoping to show my P-51 on a small base and that is the material I need!

Actually, if you wouldn't mind, could you walk me through how you made that base?

Once again, great build! :cheers: