Eduard PSP Colour Base

Eduard PSP Colour Base

1:72 Eduard

psp1.jpg

Pierced Steel Planking (PSP), also known as Marden Matting, was a perforated metal plank developed in the United States and used in the construction of temporary runways. A simple idea, PSP allowed a relatively small team of engineers to create a sizeable runway in a matter of days.

Eduard’s PSP base is comprised of a single piece of injection moulded plastic on which is moulded a convincing surface detail of interlocking steel plates. It is pre-painted, so in theory it can be used straight away. In my opinion it will look better with a wash of thinned matt brown paint or, better still, brown pigment, in order to depict a more realistic dusty or muddy finish.

psp2.jpg

Conclusion

This diorama base couldn’t be more user-friendly if it tried. No construction or painting is required, although in my opinion it will look even better under a coat of paint. Equally pleasing used on its own or as part of a larger diorama, this is a good value and innovative product.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif

• 1 year later...

While it is 1:72 thank you, what are the dimensions of the piece, if you have it to hand

MTIA

• 2 years later...

As far as I can tell the size is approximately 15.2 cm X 22.9 cm. This is a "tight fit" for a single engine ww2 type parked at an angle but as you can see from the photo it will more or less fit.

The dimensions of the 1/48 version of this is ...164 mm x 234mm (this is from a different source - the 1/72 and 1/48 may be the same). Unfortunately, at that size, it's very small indeed and the wings will hang over.

In my opinion. eduard has made these products too small, at least for my interests, whcih is a shame.