P38J Lightning Uncle Cy's Angel

Here is my last project for this GB started it last week I think and will hopefully have it done by the closing date.The decals were donated by Paul and I hope that I can do it justice.The kit is a academy 72nd fit is not great but the issues is small.Will post boxart a bit later as these pics is on my other camera:

Regards:

Shaun

100_2473.jpg

100_2472.jpg

Edited by the South African

Had no problem with aligning mine Don the trick is to NEVER EVER EVER EVER (ah well you get the point) follow academy instructions but rather assemble as your own logic tells you to.I built a mig 29 a while ago (also academy) and according to all the online reviews they are filler queens I didnt use a single drop of putty on mine.Just takes a bit of planning.

Regards:

Shaun

Had the same problem eventually ended up fitting lead strips in the nacelles too.But thanks for the heads up!Will hopefully have the ol bird finished by tonight.

Regards:

Shaun

LOLat last its done not as neat as I would have liked it to be and also managed to cock up on the paint job as I decided to use acrylics (a very first for me and I dont like it).decided at the last minute to rather do Uncle Cy's Angel instead.

Well here the pics!

100_2482.jpg

As you can see the clear coat and clear fix is still wet!

100_2491.jpg

100_2492.jpg

And my collective attempts for this group build all in one pic!

100_2495.jpg

Thanks DOn couldnt have done it without you and the rest of the guys mate!Glad you all supported me throughout the builds!Still hoping to see you in the Mustang GB.Strange thing is that I actually hate the Mustang but seeing as it was a very nice excercise in purpouse built engineering I like building them none the less!Go figure.

Regards:

Shaun

Thanks DOn couldnt have done it without you and the rest of the guys mate!Glad you all supported me throughout the builds!Still hoping to see you in the Mustang GB.Strange thing is that I actually hate the Mustang but seeing as it was a very nice excercise in purpouse built engineering I like building them none the less!Go figure.

Regards:

Shaun

Mustang = as functional as it's ugly.

See you there. Shaun. I just sent away for decals for an Egypt based Mustang III in desert colours.