HMS Hermes 1982

Phil Reeder

I agree Shar2 and check out the ringbolts, something to fall down during night flying never mind the chockheads leaving tow bars at shin height. Still got the scares to prove that one..

I can't remember the happy h having those dirty great masts either or maybe its because everthing was agreat adventure as it was my first ship???

Pull up a bollard and I'll spin you a dit that will make ya teeth itch about my first run ashore in Breast.

• 2 months later...

Ref above: nothing wrong with us chockheads, was never on the H but know quite a lot who were at various times pre-harrier, and harrier and they loved it.

RR

Edited by Roof Rat

At long last someone has got the right idea and is bringing out the HAPPY H, the old rusty girl.

Can't you just see a display of the Happy H, the Invincible and two Type 22's all steaming south. I know it never really happened but you have to addmit it would look good. Both flat tops loaded with Sea Harriers, Crab Harriers, Sea Kings and the odd Wessex V.

If I remmember the H had her ramp fitted during a refit after the Invincible came into service. As it happened it was just in time for 1982.

Anyway thanks Phil for the heads up will be contacting WEM to pre-order from Dave and the team. clap2.gif

Cheers the Woo

I'd love to.

I agree Shar2 and check out the ringbolts, something to fall down during night flying never mind the chockheads leaving tow bars at shin height. Still got the scares to prove that one..

I can't remember the happy h having those dirty great masts either or maybe its because everthing was agreat adventure as it was my first ship???

Pull up a bollard and I'll spin you a dit that will make ya teeth itch about my first run ashore in Breast.

Hi Wu, Trust you find a field full of t*ts and trip up and on your first run ashore!

Colin

Oh come-on Shar2, you know you couldn't have done it without us. Deep down inside you know you wanted / were a closet chockhead

RR

Hmmm! Let me think about that, er! NOPE! I was more than happy being a proper trade on the flightdeck :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

To add grist to the mill, the intention is do Hermes in most, if not all of her incarnations. She will also appear as the 60s CV with the 984 radar and the appropriate air group and also as INS Viraat in due course.

Other RN vessels are slated in for the future after the Spanish navy F-100 Bazan with Mistral being done in due course. Aircraft created for the carrier will also be available seperately so early model Sea Vixen and Buccaneers will be more easily obtainable.

A very nice 350th - OH's first venture into this scale - should also hopefully be available before Xmas and it will fly the Russian ( the vessel was built post Soviet) flag!!

Best wishes

MarcusH[/quote)

I'm hoping that future releases will include HMS Eagle in final configuration and HMS Ark Royal IV in 1978?

• Like 1

I'm hoping that future releases will include HMS Eagle in final configuration and HMS Ark Royal IV in 1978?

I'm thinking of doing a scratchbuild of one of these; that should ensure a plastic kit will get produced once I've completed it!! <_<

We're really long overdue for a decent model of Ark and Eagle in their final guise. I would really like to see OH do them, providing they get the details correct for the time period.

Edited by Whitewolf