My last finished build :)

My 1:72 Tornado GR.Mk1 ZD790/D

"D for DEBBIE"

Muhurraq Tornado detachment

No. XV Squadron RAF

As flown by the famous Squadron Leader

Pablo Mason and Squadron Leader Gary Stapleton

Operation Desert Storm Jan-Feb 1991

Pablo Mason led his formation of four Tornados (and sometimes two-four ships) on 19 hazardous bombing missions over Iraq. His first misson was the most frightening, a daylight low-level anti-airfield attack. His No.2 was shot down, it's pilot and navigator becoming POW's.

This is my model of his Tornado "D for Debbie"

11-vi.jpg

15-vi.jpg

12-vi.jpg

16-vi.jpg

Edited by Chris Ferguson

I used the god awful humbrol enamel... And i swore at the time id never use enamel again ! :/ Three pots all different shades and none of them wanted to cover properly, it was like painting with thinned ink... Still i guess it helped with the weathering.... lol

I used the god awful humbrol enamel... And i swore at the time id never use enamel again ! :/ Three pots all different shades and none of them wanted to cover properly, it was like painting with thinned ink... Still i guess it helped with the weathering.... lol

Sounds as good as the Xtracrylic I used on mine. The Humbrol seems a slightly darker shade. It looks very good!

One of the benifits of modelling a Gulf war aircraft is you can be deliberately ham fisted with the paint scheme... since the real things looked a mess very quickly any scuff marks or slightly faded paint just add to the "look" :D

Thank you :)

Never had a problem with this paint. I usually also add a touch of white to it.